Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

Just picked up 2517

just downloaded 2517 last night and i am about to install it now. I'll let u guys know how it goes. Just though i would share the infot that came with it.

Features:

ú No CD key input (if boot from CD or use the .BAT files)

ú No 180 day time limit

ú 60 day grace period (new), which is reset at every reboot

ú No "Comment?" button

ú Pre-installed Tweak UI

ú Pre-installed DirectX manager

ú Pre-installed "Sachs Aquarium" screen saver

ú User account "HelpAssistant" and "SUPPORT_388945a0"

deleted

ú Built-in "Guest" account disabled

ú Updated XP_XTRAS directory

looks good to me what do u guys think

to those of you who don't know this is a warning. DO NOT download auto-patched ISOs and other things like that. The reason is that 9 times out of 10 the special 'tweaks' people use also contain either trojens or viruses of some sort. I cant say all do but most of the versions like this that i have seen are. So a word to the wise is to download only uncracked clean ISOs that come from MS.

Gee I should go to las vages then with the odds I'm having. 9 out of 10 is WAY to high mate. From the day they started untill now never seen one.

Cheers..

I think it depends on if you know the person(s) that you are downloading from. I feel VERY confident in my source for build 2517 and after reading your post checked thru another computer and made certain this ISO was clean. Installed without a hitch and is running perfectly.

If you are careful in who you download from you can, with reasonable certainty avoid some of the issues like trojans and such.

yes i got this iso from the same great sorce as the stickman and altough i myself haven't run it yet all the peps that downloaded it from my site and my mirrors are happy with it. so i'd say it realy depends on the sorce.

I am not saying ThC 129 is wrong. Hi is right. You really need to know where it comes from.

im just saying that unless you know where your getting it from beware of the added 'extras' people put in. Also some people say they have cracked builds which are not, case in point 2509 and 2517 which are NOT crackable.

Normally THC you are spot on, but 2517 is auto-patched and available (and trojan free) on a number of newsgroups. Everything is crackable. Sorry, mate.

That said, you are right that you must check closely...

Peace,

:}

2517 IS NOT crackable. The only thing is the 60 day key. Reset cracks DO NOT work on it.

the 60 day limit resets every time you reboot the machine (or so it reads in my .nfo). If thats the case, isn't this build then cracked.

I know its splitting hairs...but its monday and I don't feel like working much hehehehe

with this new 60 day key why bother cracking the sh1t

has anyone here run any build of xp for more than 60 days or even close to that amount of time. builds last 2 weeks at most on my computer.

been thinking the same thing myself.

this 2517 runs so well, that if I had to use it from now on, I could live with it lol

agreed. but to be honest, since I haven't had to activate it and I don't get any stupid reminders to do so, as far as I am concerned, it is (effectively) cracked. what am I missing (specifically) regarding 2517? Autopatch-wise, it is behaving the same as all previously leaked releases?

:}

frown You Lucky,Lucky Bastards. Oh to live in America. Instead I live in Rural Australia with a crappy 56k connection. There's not a chance in hell I could ever download XP. frown But the weather IS nice. I tries the xp windows blinds and they were rubbish. Anyone feeling generous, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. :P

i downloaded almost all the builds on a 28 k connection (due to bad phone lines) starting at 2250 all the way to 2465 then i got cable and it has been easier to get the builds

but what it realy comes down to is persistance and dedication

how bad do u want it?

o and here is a question for the admins

this dude wants windowblinds xp beta 4 which was at one point available for anyone to download from stardock. my question is can i post this for him or would that be against the rules. U guys got all huffy b4 when i mearly sugested that someone should download some new software (no link was posted) so i just want to make sure it is ok with u guys first cause being a member here is means more to me than gettin this kid window blinds xp beta

anyway whatever

i kinda went off there

Just ordered the CD from Microsoft Australia. I wasn't aware you could do that here until today. Just hope it gets here before christmas.

I would like to be able to download it, BUT my connection is unreliable ( I am 800kms from major city ) , phone calls are timed, 300meg download limit, disconnection every 4 hours, often less , I need my phone for work and trying to find a site is a nightmare ie. ***** Popup HELL shocked 4.2kb second sucks. I want XP badly but not that badly laugh

Like I said, the weather is REALLY nice laugh

Its very simple, I run XP RC1 builds 2499, and 2505, and damn near every BETA since the beginning and all of them I've had cracks on, and none of them ever failed on me. The 14 day Activation crack works, all it does is reset the portion of the registry that lets it now, oops... you've been on here for 14 days, time to shut ya down.

As for the 180 day Beta limit, I have no idea, I didn't count the days and Windows XP only identifies the time since install in seconds, and i don't feel like doing the math... besides I don't even have the numbers anymore as I've switched versions so often.

Anyway, even if the 180 day beta limit does expire, by then the real deal will be out, and within 30 hours of the release will have a new crack/s out for it, some will work, some won't. Bottom line is if the Office XP activation was cracked, and I have proof of that. Windows XP will be no different, as the person above said "Anything can be cracked" if crackers can break the hardware checks on a dongle (the hardest protection to defeat) then surely software checks and product activation schemes can surely be eliminated as well.... thats all I have to say on the matter.