Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShoeHornOPlenty

Automatically Loads My Administrator Account on Startup

I upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to XP RC1 Pro and I am having a problem finding where to make it so it doesnt automatically log me in on startup. I have one account on my computer but I want to make sure that someone cant just turn on my machine and log in. It doesnt ask for my password on startup or anything, just logs me in automatically and then loads my desktop. Where do I go in order to make it so I have to enter my password on startup?

Mine logged in automatically for me until I actually created a password for my admin account...Just a thought.

Maybe if you were to change your password?

Ed

Hmmmm, interesting point, try setting your password to [blank], for security reasons i don't advise you do this on a computer that alot of people use.

if you go to control panel - users.. there's some radio button to use the classic login.. try that out. I was actually lookin around for the same thing you are. However I just installed XP last night so haven't had a chance to play around with it much.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I was able to find the solution last night, all it involved was changing one little registry entry so that it doesnt automatically log me in, thanks again for all the suggestions and help

Quote:

Thanks for all the help everyone, I was able to find the solution last night, all it involved was changing one little registry entry so that it doesnt automatically log me in, thanks again for all the suggestions and help

Where is that registry entry and what did u change on it ? Thanks.