Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbduck

XP runs SLOW after loading SBlive software

After loading the Win 2000 Live Ware software, my pc seems to run more slowly. Before the install, everything was instantaneous. I'm running a 1.2 ghz athlon on an ABIT KT7A Raid. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions as to why the OS is running slow?

There have been countless stories of the Liveware not working with XP.

Solution: use the drivers that come with XP.

If you have a 4 speaker or 5.1 setup you'll just have to wait until Creative Labs releases the proper drivers. If somebody else has a solution I'd love to hear it......

there is a way to get audioHQ working with XP don't remeber how so you can use the other speakers, and can't say ive used it since i ditched my SB Live for a SantaCruz and it kicks more *** than the shitty lives do because there are already XP drivers for my card. How long will it take creative to release drivers??

Thanks for the info...I found that it is CTLauncher that is slowing the pc down...I kill this and the pc operates normally...Now if I could find out how to keep CTLauncher from loading.. It's no use killing in MSCONFIG because it just the OS just sticks it back in and loads it anyway...

your lucky im bored tonight.....

check the startup folder or in the registry hklm\software\microsoft\windows\current version\startup

I really appreciate your help very much.. but I've searched and searched and I can't find anything related to startup in the area you specified...but I'm still searching

Go to run, type msconfig startup and disable creative launcher.

you people dont read very well do you smile .. he already said:

"It's no use killing in MSCONFIG because it just the OS just sticks it back in and loads it anyway..."

obviously other parts of liveware set back theyr startup entries of theyr siblings.

Possibly one way to start it loading is to move the exe that it runs .. perhaps replace it with somfin else that will just run and quit .. or another app that you want to run at startup perhaps ..

To get your SoundBlaster Live to work properly in Windows XP do the following:

DRIVER: http://www.soundblaster.com/scripts/down...i/SBL51_W2k.exe

NOTE: You can use this driver for any version of the SoundBlaster Live sound card. (Value, MP3, 5.1..ect)

Just follow the instructions below.

1) Make sure you are running the SBLive drivers(M$Driver.) that XP installed.

If you have already installed previous Liveware software go to Control Panel/Add/Remove programs and remove it.

2) Make new folder on c: or D: drive and name it "sblive".

3) Put SBL51.EXE, SBL51.W02, SBL51.W03 and SBL51WDM.LIB in the sblive folder

4) Go to the Device Manger/Sound, video & game controllers and remove:

Creative SB Live! (WDM) & Creative SB Live! Gameport drivers.

5) In a start/run box type - c: or D:\sblive\sbl51.exe /w <---the "/w" switch is very IMPORTANT!

6) When the installation prompts you to replace the RC1 drivers with the unsigned Creative Labs drivers

click "STOP". The installation will continue. (Sometimes you aren't prompted to install new drivers

but this is not a problem.)

7) When done installing the updated drivers - REBOOT

8) After booting to the desktop screen windows will detect new hardware. When it finishes REBOOT again.

9) Now you have sound and all liveware features work fine!

Hope this helps.

MINz