Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DefBringer

Office 2000 incompatible with WinXP?

My trusty Office 2000 CD will NOT install on my XP machine. It brings up this bizarre error message as soon as I try to run setup.

Is my system corrupt or what? Is XP worth the $300? shocked

Hmmm, see if you can tell us what the error message says and also mention some details about your computer setup. We'll see what we can do to help.

Office2k is running fine in my WinXP RC1 installation, which was upgraded from Win98. A friend of mine did a clean install of RC1, then added Office2k and things went smoothly...so there's hope. smile

Ektalog

I'm going to try reinstalling it tonight....I'll let you guys know what it says.

It might not be a problem any longer because I now have Office XP to install.

I've got troubles installing Office 2000 on my WinXP RC1, too....

When I execute the installer it gives me the following msg.:

The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

I've installed lots of other progs w/o problems and dunno where to look for these 'policy' settings which won't allow me to install Office 2000......

-freke

I have a problem with office 2000 also, it will install most of it then give me an error and then tells me to reinsert the disk. Well I went to my employer and borrowed their office 2k premium disk and it did the same thing. All in all I borrowed 4 office 2k disks from friends and co-workers to find out none of them work. Yet it installed fine under 9x & win2k.

Microsoft disabled alot of *****ed CD keys in XP 2505. If your copy is illegal, it was probably disabled. mad

I figured it out, and boy was it stupid. It would ask for my windows 2000 cd, but I had to put my xp cd in to finish the install. Hehehe, next time I'll just read a little more into it.

hello!

I installed Ok MS OFFICE 2000 Premium in WinXp but when I want to run Office applications crash all. Word, Excel, Acces etc are opened for few seconds and after that are closed. Help me to fix the bug. Thank you !! Cristache

Quote:
hello!
I installed Ok MS OFFICE 2000 Premium in WinXp but when I want to run Office applications crash all. Word, Excel, Acces etc are opened for few seconds and after that are closed. Help me to fix the bug. Thank you !! Cristache

That is a problem with a pirated version. After installing service packs for office this will happen, and possibly I think that windows update for XP will do this as well.

Buy it, or if you have contact MS and get them to fix the problem.

Im 99% sure that it has a problem with the key being legit

works fine for me

retail, and priated (actually bought office XP)

2k went in fine with out any issues, what is the "exact" error?

i know sometimes, once ina blue moon i would get an error like

INstall has encoutner an unexpected error and willstop" or something

i simply went into my "temp" folder, delete the install logs, rebooted, and it went fine, if that did not work, i ran the disk off a networked drive,and it worked fine....

hello!

Yes is possible to install MS Office first but I install almost in the same configuration (at job) Office and it's work very well.

Now I try to find another Ms Office 2000 installation kit with different serial number and try to clean the registry. Curious is at job the OFFICE work well and at home - problem!!! I HAVE THE SAME OS - Win xp pro with all the updates. Thank you - Cristache