Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

easy how to install cs on linux?

Anyone have a very easy to follow, step by step, guide of how to installed counterstrike on linux when you have the orig half life disk, and that is it?

Daum

To play as a CS client, use winex3. Install HL and the very lastest full patch or it won't run right. HL runs about 99% as well on my box as it ever did in Windows, and I get far better pings under Linux when playing Team Fortress. Once you get Half-Life up and running correctly, it should then be just a matter of installing CS.

To run HL go:

winex3 .transgaming/c_drive/SIERRA/Half-Life/hl -console -opengl

To run CS go:

winex3 -workdir ".transgaming/c_drive/SIERRA/Half-Life" hl.exe -console -nocdaudio -game cs -opengl

whups, flipped the anems on the post....is winex3 preinstalled? i'll work on that asap when i get home on saturday/sunday

Daum

I installed steam very easily using winex 3.2.

I downloaded the installer from steampowered.com and opened it with winex. It installed very easily, and I have no problems with it.

Figured it would be by now. You'll have to go with the CVS version if you want free. I use Cedega and subscribe to transgaming. The cost is minimal and saves me time.