Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Q

Linksys Wireless 802.11b drivers??

Anyone have any clues on where to get some beta LinkSYS wireless drivers at? I cannot believe XP doesn't ship with Linksys wireless driver. I cannotbelieve LinkSys doesn't have drivers, beta even, on there site!

Damn "enter" key!!! Hit it on accident and my message posted before I was done. You should make a conformation or something. That can be dangerous! ANYWAY..

I did try the LinkSYS Win2K drivers and although they do install and the card wireless card does communicate to the wireless hub, XP can't validate any connection with it. And when you try to run LinkSYS's utility, XP BLUESCREENS. Hey, I thought it wasn't supposed to do that anymore?

frown

Hi

I got the same USB Nic adapter working under XP using the latest driver from Linksys's website. It was working fine until I started disabling services...now it doesn't work at all.

So you have a a LinkSYS wireless card? Is it working as a wireless card? Or are you using it as a standard wired NIC. My card, specifically, is the wireless PCMCIA card. It talks with the wireless LinkSYS HUB. The drivers for the NIC do seem to work. But WinXP will not work with it. It keeps saying, "cannot get IP address".

I have the Linksys Wireless USB Nic adapter. It plugs into my USB port, thats it. Its not a PCI or PCMCIA. I just fixed my problems in XP and now everything works great.

I think we have different adapters.

mine is a

WUSB11 - Instant Wireless USB Network Adapter

Crap, yeah mine is the WPC11. Although the should be doing the same things. Are you running the LinkSYS Utility? Or did you just install the adaptor and it runs? Are you using it as a wireless adaptor? I undertsand it's USB, but is it's networking connection wireless? Thanks.

Yeah it is wireless 802.11

I downloaded the drivers for it from here:

http://www.linksys.com/download/

Unfortunately they are specific to the USB adapter.

The utility works fine on my machine.

I could possibly send you the untility files that were installed on my machine, maybe it works the same way. I would have to search through and manually pack them up though. It won't be for a little while becuase I will not be home for the next few days.

You should send an email to Linksys, tell them you are testing XP, etc. make it look official, and maybe they'll give you a beta copy of the new drivers for your card. SMC did that for me a while back. It doesn't hurt to try.

GL

That's okay. I did email LinkSYS and they told me they won't do anything until XP is released. Which is crap since XP is in RC status! "Release Canidate", duh. Heh. I don't want you hunting though your computer for me. Thanks though.

Well Mr_Q, you're not alone. I use an Orinoco wireless PC card and there (supposedly-according to tech support) will be no XP drivers for it until it is officially released. BS. I got the guy to send me some new, beta Win2000 drivers but they didn't work either. So-no wireless until 10-25-01. Also my AV (Trend PC-cillin 2000) doesn't support XP. Had to switch to Norton.

Hi Mr_Q

I have the MA301 and MA401 adapters (PCMCIA and PCI convertor) working with RC1 on three machines without any problems at all.

The machine which was Windows 98 complained about drivers after the upgrade, but installing the standard Windows 2000 drivers on the CD worked (once the SSID was setup). The Windows 2000 systems I upgraded worked straight away.

All these are talking to each other and the internet via and ME102 wireless access router.

Regards

Hmm, well mine are the linksys brand. WPC11 and WAP11. They don't work. The 2000 drives do install and seem to function, but XP will not see the nic as a functional device(can't get an IP for it). Even after I got the SSID working. And the utility that comes with the wirelss PCMCIA card bluescreens XP.