Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trasher

Odd NT4 problem

I was installing NT4 on a old workstation I had around, its a p2 300, 64 megs of memory and standard hardware. Anyway after I install nt4 fresh and get everything set up a problem happens, whenever I try to run an installshield installation or some MS ones it fails without reason or fault log. You click it, percent bar comes on the screen and it goes away. It is fixed when I put sp6a but the problem is I need to install a few items that require sp3 or less. Does anyone have any ideas? I run localized NT4 btw.

I have not heard of any Apps which do not run on the latest Service Packs. Why don't you install at least SP4 and make a backup so you can restore to your previos SP at any time. Work yourself up to SP6a (128) if you can, which should resolve any problems.

Get a trial Version of Ghost from Symantec and ghost your image to a Server , spare Hard Disk or another PC. So if you trash it you can re ghost your PC within minutes.

You also could get Drive Image from Power Quest (trial version) Good tools if you need to experiement and need to rebuild you PC.

Try going into C:\Program Files\Common files and deleting the installshield directory. Then rerun a program that installs .msi program.