Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arkaerial

ATI's dvd player 4.1 not working under XP

Ok I installed XP rc1 to see what its like, and I think its cool to look at. Now my problem is when I drop a dvd in the drive and ati pops up it gives me the errors of

"Playback has failed due to one of the following problems:

1)Audio device is in use or not installed.

2)Display overlay is not available.

3)Not evough video memory."

Then when I try to run it on windows media player 8 I get an error that says its currently unable to play dvd video and click for details. When I click for details it wants me to troubleshoot which is useless and has an error id which is

"Error ID = 0xC00D116A, Remedy ID = 0x00000000"

I'm using ati's mmc 7.1 with dvd 4.1 and the xp 3210beta drivers.

I also never had problems with the dvd player under win2k, and when I installed powerdvd it works fine.

ok, try using WMP8 to play the dvd's, see if that works, if it does then ATI's player is screwed and you can try running it under Windows 2000 Compatibility mode.

Well I tried to run it in compatibility mode from win2k down to 95 and it still didn't work. I still get the same errors as I did above. When I tried to use WMP8 I got

Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Click Details, and then click troubleshooter for information about configuring your computer to play DVDs.

I will then click details and this is what it says

Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video

A troubleshooter is available to help you solve this problem.

Error ID = 0xC00D116A, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

I've used the troubleshooter and it didn't help. I've gone through and shut down everything I could finally get WMP8 to work, but not ati's.

so you got WMP8 to play dvd's? thats cool, does it bother you to have to use WMP8? the only thing that i don't like about it is the fact that it have so few features for playing dvd's.

It really doesn't bug me to use it, but the thing that does is I have to ctrl alt del a bunch of programs before it will work...basically I'm just running the mandatory minimum system files to use the dvd player, I guess thats what bugs me more. I mean I can use powerdvd and not have one problem with it, but these two give me error after error.