Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chucken

unstable media player ?

Sometimes the media player in RC1 wont play a specific avi or mpeg file, even if it could play it before. If I log off and on again it works fine again. Is this a bug in the media player or has anyone else seen this ? Seems a little unstable to me.

media player won't even play .mov on a webpage with an embedded movie

quick time doesn't work w/ IE6 neither frown

Stupid MS, Quicktime used to work. But now its magically broken again. Coincidence?? No, of course not. Whenever a new build of XP comes out it seems Quicktime magically breaks. Stupid MS anti-apple BS.

I think I might have found whats causing the trouble with my media player. Sometimes when I have run applications or games (like counterstrike), the task manager still shows active processes of these programs taking up a lot of memory even if they have been properly closed. This causes the media player to stall and to get going again when these processes are killed. Probably the system memory is running low and a movie cant be played (even if I have 256M RAM)

Can anyone else verify this ? Seems like a rather serious bug to me. When a game or application is closed it should really be closed and nothing else!

I didn't have problem with media player but I had that ram problem for 2 times too. when I noticed things got slower n my hd working anormal, I checked with taskinfo, a third iexplorer was using 140mb ram, n at the moment I didn't have any webpage open. I terminated it n all turn normal, but really a dangerous bug