Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Midtown Madness 2 Geforce 2 MX

Hi Guys,

I am having problem with midtown madness 2. The textures are all corrupt. The game seems to work fine in software mode but in hardware polygons here and there. I am using Nvidia 12.41.

Any ideas, what I should do?

ARC

Hey i had exactly the same problem. Downloaded and installed the patch and it works perfectly now.

Nope, i didnt really need one. I had a quick look for one but couldnt find anything. frown

The 1.1 patch does fix the texture problem with det's higher than 6.5, you're right.

As for the no-CD, well it's yes and no. I can't get the game to run on this PC (whether it's because it's a dual CPU I don't know) under 2000. But after patching and applying the 1.1 no-CD exe it returns a 'not a valid 32bit application' type error.

Boot into 98 and run it...no problems what-so-ever.

Yes...

The exe I got gave me the same error. Though I am wondering if it would work with WinXp. But nonetheless, I unwrapped a new exe from the patch version using Unsafedisc and it works in 2000 perfectly.

ARC

Hey Eddie,

How can I post it? You can contact me at choudhrys@hotmail.com on MSN if you want it.

Secondly, does application which says "Not a valid..." in 2000, work in XP.

I have a game Brian Lara Cricket gives me the same error, It is protected by Securom and I have not find an unwrapper for it. If anybody got it to work, please help me.

The midtown exe I unwrapped it on a 98 friend machine, so if any of you guys can check if unsafedisc or "NOT A VALID" exe works on xp, it would be great to know.

Thanks

ARC