Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fLy

Outlook 2000 problem...

Hi, I work for a company that gives IT services and one of our customers claims that when he deletes an email from his inbox, it doesn't move to the deleted items folder but disapears...

I haven't found any outlook option about it, any suggestions?

Thanks.

does it do the same thing when deleting a file and not sending it to the recycle bin but deleting it perm.?

I haven't found an option like in the RecycleBin to perm delete the file.

I need to know why doesn't the email he deletes move to the "Deleted Items" folder but disapears???

In Recycle Bin properties, a mark has been put in the box near: "Do not put files in the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when Deleted". This is a system wide command.

Because of this, e-mail messages erased from the Inbox do not go into the Deleted items folder. They are removed immediately when deleted.

Are there any rules set that may be dumping email immediately upon arrival to "deleted files"?

You are right: Recycle Bin on Global settings is unrelated.

My previous test failed because I counted just the number of unread messages which remains unchanged but erased messages are still transferred to Deleted Items Folder and can be seen there.

The email doesn't get deleted upon arrival, it gets deleted by the user but never makes it to the "Deleted Items" folder...

Shitty business.

I've had this one a few times at work.

It's down to user error, what they've probably done is changed the view of the deleted items folder, probably to something like "unread messages"

Check that the following seeting is applied:

View|Curent View is set to "Messages" - if it is then check that there are no filters applied by going to View|Current View|Customise Current View

Obviously make sure that the user has the Deleted Items folder selected when they do this.

Let me know how you go on