Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bitburn

WinXP locks with GeForce GTS 7700

I get this a DLL error "anvmini.dll".

The error says it's related to my video driver. I got an Asus 7700 GeForce GTS Deluxe...System completly locks.

I tried with build 2505, 2504, 2486 and others.

Any help would be great.

BB.

Heh no your not.

Your using the official Asus drivers otherwise there would be no avimini.dll it would be nv_mini.dll.

Asus drivers don't work in WinXP.

www.nvidia.com

Get the Win2k ref drivers.

I just noticed I get lockups using Nvidia Detonator 12.90, it freezes for around 10 seconds, and then I get a blue screen about the problem of nv4_disp,dll, anybody gotten this problem?

Might be the problem of 12.90 since it's beta, I'll just download and install the official one and see.

Your right Seldzar, my mistake! I installed the Asus drivers but now will try the nVidia ones.

Thanks.

hey man.. i know for a fact that the asus win2k drivers for the v7700 don't work.. i know cuz i tried them with my v7700 on beta 2 and it blue screened the OS on the next boot up. you gotta use the nvidia 12.41, that's what i'm using and performance is pretty decent.. i gotta ask you though man, i've had this ongoing problem with win2k and i'm tryin to isolate it.. i can't seem to get good performance in win2k with any driver except that asus 6.49.. if i run an nvidia detenator, games are smooth for a second, but then they get choppy and alternate back and forth.. games aren't as smooth, etc.. do u have that problem?

I too was getting lockups with RC1. Here's what works for me on my P3V4X with a creative GTS.

W2K reference driver 12.41 off the NVIDIA site, VIA AGP driver 405b,

INF driver from the 429a package, the opengl32 library from the 2462 beta (put this in your game directory) and turn off 4X in the bios setup.

So far this combination has cured my lockups…..

But IMO RC1 is by far the buggiest POS so far...again IMO

nah man.. i disagree with you, i think for what RC1 is.. just that, a release candidate.. it's a great OS.. i mean i have to admit, i'm always spectical to MS upgrades cuz they are usually more bloated, but i installed this and i feel like the whole interface is more responsive.. very impressive i think, and XP actually used all my 2k drivers and installed them, everything was installed when i booted up, not one BSOD, not one lockup.. i tried install the via agp driver from the 4in1 and it wouldn't let me.. did you install the separate agp driver?

mattdaddyz, Install the via agp driver in compatability mode. Also I use the 12.90 or 12.41 drivers in winxp and don't have any performance issues, it's all good and smooth.

My point in making that statement was to point out that for me anyway, and “in my opinion” this release candidate 1 is by far the buggiest to date meaning it has “more” bugs not “less” than the beta versions that preceded it. As with all operating systems how reliable it is, really is going to depend heavily on the particular hardware / software combination one might be using. I had virtually no problems with 2462 after installing descent drivers other than a flaky IE6 that personally and again IMO is a POS. I would prefer 5.5. With this version (RC1) I have had several random reboots. I realize it’s a pre release version but as I said I had very few problems with the beta versions 2462 being the best for me.

Yeah, I used the separate 405 AGP driver. It installed fine for me as well as the

separate 311 UDMA IDE driver and INF driver from the 429a package.

I will say that this version has IMO stunning graphics even my TV tuner card picture quality is awesome and after getting my graphics card working right the games graphics are also excellent, picture quality wise.

that's real strange that you're having difficulties.. i had beta 2 as well and it blue screened on me after installing the video driver. i tried using the "use last known good config" option in the winxp boot screen, but to no avail.. i had to format, and i didn't bother reinstalling it.. to me, this build is very usable except for the blasted sound issues i'm having with my acoustic edge audio popping and cracking in dvds and UT.

IE is fast, the UI is fast.. with previous version, the UI overall has been sluggish and buggy, things were incomplete, it had the feel that it was struggling.. this is much smoother i think, all this is my opinion of course... it's a good thing i have a ghost image of my w2k installation! :-) thank god for ghost

I got a blue screen of death with the nv4_disp.dll, anybody have this problem? I've switched to 12.41 that I downloaded from Nvidia.

Same here.

I tried all of the above fixes without luck.

The only way to clear the lock-ups was to turn the graphics acceleration down almost all the way, but then nothing would run in 3d.

I really like the new OS but I would like to use my GeForce 3!

CornDog

Abit KT7-Raid

AMD 1.3 Ghz

256 MB Ram

VisionTek Geforce 3

72x Kenwood Cd-Rom

12x8x32 Acer burner

WinTV Go

NetGear Nic