Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
siva400

Prince of Persia 3D on windows 2000

Hi,

I recently installed prince of persia 3D on a windows 2000 system and got the following error when I tried starting the program.

"pop3d.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows you will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created"

My system configuration is as follows

* AMD Athlon 1.33G with 512 MB RAM

* Nvidia GEForce 2 Ultra with 64 MB RAM

* SB Live value sound card.

* Directx 8.0a installed.

Any suggestions on how to make it run? Sorry if this has been asked already.

regards,

siva

I think I played Prince of Persia 3D all the way through on Windows 2000 right after Windows 2000 got released.

My Permedia 2 8-megabyte AGP graphics card did not always display the textures correctly though re-booting the computer fixed most of the graphics display problems.

I would not be surprised if DirectX 8 causes some problems with that game since the game seemed to have frequent graphics display problems.

The game engine and interface were a little awkward even without the graphic problems.

There was a patch released a while back that allows the game to run on Win2k. Unfortunately the patch can be kind of hard to find now, since the official game site (www.pop3d.com) now has nothing to do with the game. Try www.download.com or some equivilant.

Now that you mention it, I did download and run the 1.1 patch before I ran the game under Windows 2000.

I still have the patch but it is six megabytes in size so it is a pain to transfer with my slow phone-line-limited 28.8 kbps modem connection.