Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMD

Need This File

Can anyone tell me where I can get this file. rasapi32.dill

When I boot my system up it gives me a warning that im missing a c program file..when I ran Norton windows doctor,it says Im missing the above file...and it cant repaire it.

Im very carfull about what I deleat, so Im not sure how it went missing.

Everything seems to be working ok it's just bothers me everytime it pops up.

Thanks

Regards Joe smile

That's a pretty core file you've managed to loose there.

The breakdown of the file:

RAS=Remote Access Server

So it's part of the dial-up networking system.

As it turns out, this file is updated in both Win2k SP1 & SP2.

Re-install whichever Service Pack you are using and I would have thought you would get it back.

I just reistalled SP 6A and I still get the same warning. Norton tells me that this is the problem.

Missing file

C:\PROGRA~1\PLUSE!\MICROS~1\CONNECTION

WIZARD\ICWCONN2.EXE Cannot access a necessary file rasapi32.dill

Like I said before everything seems to be working ok

Thanks for any help

Looking at that message, just tell Norton to delete the invalid link.

It's only a link to MSN anyway - delete it and have done with it.

Thanks for your help BladeRunner smile

Can anyone tell me how to tell norton to deleat the link that Bladerunner has suggested. I told norton to ignore it, but the warning still comes up.

Thanks smile

:-)

When you run Norton, I'm assuming this is the 'WinDoctor' program?

You have two options, one is to allow Norton to find the best solution, the other is user specifiy, IE you can choose the best solution from the list you're given.

If you select this option, one of the options open to you should be 'Delete this invalid link from the registry' that's the one you want.

Yes it is win doctor that in using Bladerunner...and I tried to do what you sugested but it won't give me the option of deleating it.It says I should reinstall the software with the missing file. so I did..I belive you said it came from MSN..but after reinstalling MSN the warning still comes up.

Thanks

JMD,

I'm sorry, I think I may have been giving you some false information.

Of course it's WinNT that your using and the Norton Utilities that works with WinNT is Version 2 - slightly different to the versions I used under Win98 and now under Win2k.

I would expect the same options to be there, but probably under slightly different menu's to what I'm used to seeing.

Are you only getting this warning when you run the Norton Win Doctor or everytime you boot into Windows?

If it's every time you go into Windows then I can see this message becomming very annoying and we might need to try and find the registry key in question and manually delete it.

If it's only happening when you run Norton Win Doctor then to be honest, if it's failing to repair it, I'd either do what the post above says, remove it, delete the registry entries and re-install or even more I might just be tempted to ignore the message.

Hi BladeRunner....that's ok....Thanks guys for the help..yes it comes up everytime I start Windows..and it is a bit annoying but it's something I can live with.

Im not sure If I want to deleat Norton as Eddie suggested, so I may just live with it.

Thanks for the effort guys..

Cheers

Blade runner or jmd does either one of you know where I can find the program apcompat.exe it is on a windows 2000 cd but to cut a long story short I don't have one. it would help

thanks

pkiff

Sorry pkiff.

I don't Know where you would get that file...I'm running 4.0 myself.

But you can bet your last dollar, someone on this board will be able to help you.

Cheers

thanks for the confidence it helps

cheers wink

pkiff

smile

8) 8)Your using Norton Utilities!!!!! 8) 8)AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a cursed program! The only parts worthwhile are Speed Disk and Norton Antivirus. WinDoctor screws stuff up, Crash Guard causes crashes, and eventually your system is down the tubes.

I would seriously not run NU because it always ****s up your system.

i agree, stay away from all Norton products with the excepting of Speeddisk.

hahah Brian I delaeted Norton Utilities hoping that would get rid of that blasted warning that keeps poping up(as mentoned below), but it's still there. I have no plans on re installing it eather, I find my system is running faster with out it. I just bought it for the de frag, but have downloaded the free version of disk keeper instead.

Cheers

laughlaughlaughsmilesmile

Thanks a million for that file cabelhog

Helps a lot

pkiff