Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MACDIVER

Anybody printing from 98 to 2000? Trouble adding drivers for

When I click on Additional Drivers in the printer properties to add Windows 98 drivers it asks for 2000 Server CD. I am running the Pro version. I am using a Lexmark 3200 Colorfine which is listed there. I got a copy of Server and it doesn't see it there either. Any way around the problem?

Thanks

There should be somthing called point and print bundle. Which contains W98 and 200 etc drivers in one package. At least on HP's it does.

Try to obtain this from Lexmark.

If failed get the W98 drivers as well. After extracting them. do what you did earlier but when it asks for the server CD point it to INF file for W98.

After that happy printing!

Additional drivers aren't needed. Just share the printer and then install the Windows 98 printer drivers on the Windows 98 machine.

Yes but, If you install them W98, Than W2k will complain about the settings and it is also more advantegous if you are hooking up to multiple W98 machines since you do not have to install the full driver on all of them.

Also if the network is down W98 stand alone driver will not recognize the printer when it comes back online.