Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
munzer

total size of the CD's

guys... i just want to make sure... what are the total sizes of each disk of redhat linux 9.0

tell me them by order... please

regrads

Quote:
guys... i just want to make sure... what are the total sizes of each disk of redhat linux 9.0
regrads

Well, I doubt that anyone has memorized the sizes, but you can find out at the download site. If the ISO file is bigger than 650 meg, then the CD will be 700 meg, and if the ISO is 650 meg or less, the CD will be 650 meg. 8)

EDIT I went to the Red Hat download site, and you will need three 650 meg CDs to burn the ISOs... 8)

Quote:
Quote:
regrads

Well, I doubt that anyone has memorized the sizes, but you can find out at the download site. If the ISO file is bigger than 650 meg, then the CD will be 700 meg, and if the ISO is 650 meg or less, the CD will be 650 meg. 8)

EDIT I went to the Red Hat download site, and you will need three 650 meg CDs to burn the ISOs... 8)

did you read what i said? i said i want the exact size of the CD's

I'm not sure what your getting at, but let's try this. When you download the iso's the size on the site may not exactly match the size of the iso that you download. You can check the validity by running the md checksum utility to see if the iso's that were downloaded are valid downloads (that they downloaded intact.

Yes, I read what you said. there are two diferent size CDs available. 700 megabyte and 650 megabyte. (There are also mini CDs, but these are not big enough for any Red Hat ISO.) You can put stuff on the CD that is less than the CD capacity, but you cannot put stuff on there that is more than the size of the CD capacity. I went to the Red Hat download site, and then told you what size CD you need to use for the Red Hat CDs. As danleff said there is some difference between what the total size of the ISO file actually is and what they put on the site. The size that they put on there, however is sufficient to determine what size CD you need. ;(

GUYS GUYS GUYS... THIS IS WHAT I NEED... INSERT REDHAT LINUX 9.0 AND THEN GO TO MY COMPUTER THEN RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR CD ROM AND THEN PROPERTIES... IT SHOWS THERE THE SIDE OF THE DISE... TELL ME WHAT IS IT... SO AS DISC 2 AND 3!!!!!!

Quote:
GUYS GUYS GUYS... THIS IS WHAT I NEED... INSERT REDHAT LINUX 9.0 AND THEN GO TO MY COMPUTER THEN RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR CD ROM AND THEN PROPERTIES... IT SHOWS THERE THE SIDE OF THE DISE... TELL ME WHAT IS IT... SO AS DISC 2 AND 3!!!!!!

Whoh, Dude! Windoze "My Computer" will only tell you the capacity of the CD in bytes! If it is a 650 Megabyte CD it will give you 650 times 1024 times 1024 which comes out to 652 something. Go put a 650 megabyte disc in your drive and do it yourself and you will see. Then put in a 700 megabyte Cd in and do it again. The numbers you will see are the only numbers you or anyone else will ever get from "My Computer"! Have a nice day!

What is wrong with this guy..you guys are too nice trying to answer this kind of question.

Dude, if in doubt just use a 700mb disc to burn your images. You should be nice when asking questions.

Quote:
What is wrong with this guy..you guys are too nice trying to answer this kind of question.

Dude, if in doubt just use a 700mb disc to burn your images. You should be nice when asking questions.

Yeah, I'm just in the habit. I try to help anybody who needs it. That's why I come to these boards, I guess. 8)