Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

Ripping DVD's with WinXP...

i use CladDVD 1.71 to rip .VOB files from DVD's, then encode them using FlaskMPG, i am unable to rip at all. The last time i ripped anything was when i was suing Win2k 2195 SP1, i'm using XP 2481 Pro, i have a Pioneer DVD-115 (tray) 16x DVD-ROM, i have the ASPI 4.60 driver installed correctly, if anyone else has this problem and/or a fix for it, let me know. Thanks.

Maybe there blocking VOB copying off DVD disk.

Well aside from certain divx encodings not playing where exactly is your problem? I figured I'd give it a shot last night as a first attenpt.

I used CladDVD 2.0 and followed the instuctions from their website

I ripped all VOB files to my hard drive, removing macrovision.

I then used DVD2AVI and converted the VOB's to a divX file.

Once that was done I had the avi and the wav audio.

I am now about to mess with virtual Dub to get the audio and video together, first attempt didn't seem to be doing anything. I had selected Divx Audio as it seemed to be the only place that had 128kb 48000 16kb/s option for audio. The mpeg layer 3 option didn't have that at all, highest was like 56kb. Could this be MS and winxp?

I'll check that later in win2k to see if it changes anything.

This is in winxp 2499.

Ok lets see,

the compression to divx looked like crap(could have beent he 3.11 alpha codec I was using instead of the 3.20 which is what I got in now. The 1gb wave file with the audio had nothing in it, blank, no sound.

In Winxp The max limit of mp3 encoding was 56k in virtual dub, in win2k it's up to 320k so this is that annoying winxp mp3 limitation.

Anyone know of a way to enable the full range of mp3 encoding?

basically though I got through ripping and encoding a movie, whether it looked like sheit and had no audio is not the point, it did all the necessary steps to complete the encoding.

Still waiting to find out what problems you have.

Ok back one more time, redoing the dvd rip in win2k jsut to see if the audio is ripped properly.

I installed the latest version of virtual Dub on my other winxp box (2495) and it had all the correct codec's lsited so no worries there.

Chances are my previous issue with not seeing all the correct codecs was that the app was installed in win2k and I just ran the exe without installing it in winxp.

I will double check withmy 2499 build later if this is the case.

i have a full version of the FHG-Mp3 codec by radium ICQ me and i will send it. ICQ 4978552. The problem is the codec in XP is a limited version so it will only encode at 56kbs.