Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cipher

"found new hardware, VIA bus master IDE" what do

i tried to install the 4.32 VIA drivers but it keeps saying "found new hardware, VIA bus master IDE", what do i do- where do i point it to?

cancel the detection and just delete the device from device manager that has the "?".

i dont know where VIA got off saying the 4in1's are XP compatible when they aren't. Unless you run the installer in 2k compatability mode it won't even install anything but the DMA tool. The only thing that is even needed really is the AGP minport driver.

hey thanks for the reply guys! Ill have to re install XP because ive totally *ucked up the IDE drivers now, and im getting hard reboots when i open the cd draw for some reason?!?! Could you send me a link to this AGP mini port driver please?

many thanks

Is there any way to improve the disk performance in XP, since via4in arent compatible?

I'm getting a drive index of 10 000 in Sandra2001, and this is using RAID-0, was getting around 40 000 in Win2k.

I had the same problem with u with my KT7A-Raid, I was getting like 13000 in Sisandra and I noticed the HPT370 driver is the default one for XP, so I updated the driver to Highpoint's 1.0.3b driver and I got a boost back up to 34000. I'm not sure if it's right to do to use the driver other than the one provided in xp but so far I've no problems, but I've only been using it for couple days.

PS. I wasn't be able to get it to 40000 in Win2k either, weird, people are getting over 40000, and I did nearly everything like disabling ACPI, stripe size set to 8, etc, but no luck. Oh well... seems like I'll have to live with it, at least it's better than 20000 when I first got it.

Quote:

I had the same problem with u with my KT7A-Raid, I was getting like 13000 in Sisandra and I noticed the HPT370 driver is the default one for XP, so I updated the driver to Highpoint's 1.0.3b driver and I got a boost back up to 34000. I'm not sure if it's right to do to use the driver other than the one provided in xp but so far I've no problems, but I've only been using it for couple days.

You didn't install any other patches etc?
I'm using the 1.0.3b drivers, but I'm still getting 10000 in Sandra. I've tried the newest drivers too, but they just give me mouse jittering.

No, that's all I did. I just went to device manager, right click the HPT370 UDMA/ATA100 RAID Controller and update that driver to 1.0.3b. And the sisandra drive benchmark boost back to 34000. I installed XP twice and it happened to work.

I mean I installed XP twice and that's what I did for both after installation (install the HPT370 1.0.3b) so it happened to be the HPT370 driver that boost the drive benchmark.