Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
illusionist

short cut to cache clear

I have a question that I'm sure one of you ( in your infinite wisdom ;nudge nudge wink wink ......nice butt kissing don't you think ) could answer. I would like to create a shortcut on my desktop to allow me to clear my cache a will . ( I know , this is an ultimate power that in the wrong hands could lead to world domination but for once please please let me play GOD ) Tell me now , Is there a way , great computer gods. smile lol

ilusionist

What Cache do you mean? Your Internet Explorer cache?

There is a way to create a shortcut for that. A free program called Xteq X-setup or something has an option to create a shortcut on the desktop to clear you IE cache. I don't know how to do it manually however. There is a way that's for sure. If no one posts a better idea, then Xteq is the way to go. If it means that much to you ofcourse.

Regards,

Card.

hey thanx 4 the r3plI C4rd1n4L

Enough of that .... what I would truly enjoy is a way to clear all the #$%@ that gets my system clogged up during a normal day . I would like to clear out all the stuff MS ( in their infinite wisdom ) has desided to hold in reserve in my system ;for what ever reason , and delete it at the touch of a keystroke.

Like creating a batch file that says ,,,,,all this **** is crap , put it here .. and delete the f$#@!^.

Again thanks in advance

illusionist

I'm sure a batch file could easily clean out your Temp folder, Temporary Internet files, History, and such. It all depends on where the things are located, the permissions and your DOS skills.

busby

My dos skill are forgotten other than simple folder creation and formatting and the very very basic commands.

thanks

dos skills are easy to reclaim

an easy setup for a batch would be like:

%sysdrivewherecacheis% ie: C:

cd [folder where cache is] ie: cd Progra~1 ("Program Files" but some dos based os's cant read more than 8 chars, unlike 2k)

del *.*

(or you can refine by typing something like del *.gif or *.html)

and then if you wanna do more folders

just add something like this:

cd.. (knocks the tree back one, from C:\Progra~1\ to C:\ )

cd Temp

del *.*

and just name it something.bat

(make sure file extension is bat and not txt though :P)

you could get way more intense with some scripting but i prefer to keep my scipting to perl and php smile

but i think youd benifit from geting xteq, its amazing, i dont leave home without it.

Hi,

You can get rid of all cleaning job (I wish to do the same for my home :)). Take a look at www.zdelete.com

It can do all this stuff according scheduler. Try it for free. It's very comfortable utility.