Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KalleAnka

Problems with logitech mouse win2k

After installing mouseware 9.0 on win 2000 and rebooting I get the following error message. "One of the library files needed to run mouseware cannot be found. Please reinstall mouseware." The mouseicon in the system tray doesn't exist and when I try to acces the mouse settings through the control panel I get the following error message. "An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel file D:\Winnt\System32\main.cpl." and I can't get any futher. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall mouseware several times but always with the same result. Please help! I want my mouseware working.

frown

i've installed it under win2k sp1 and later sp2 with no problems for my cordless mouseman....

one thing you could try is a newer build of Mouseware -- build 48 or something like that....

you can get it at www.fileflash.com ....just do a search on that site smile

hope that helps

Thnx man that helped, did not quite solve the problem, but when I copied all files I could find in the package into my system and system32 folder it started working smile Must be something wrong with their setup file.

KalleAnka...........

Just went through about 60 days of trying to figure out my own Logitech problem. Real bummer, since I like their mice.

Whenever we left one of our two PCs running unattended with any screen saver or power option running, when we brought the screen back from sleep mode, the system would do an immediate reboot and chkdsk.

Disabling Win2000-Pro's Auto-reboot allowed us to identify Logitech's lmouflt2.sys file, in both version 9.0 and 9.24, as the culprit.

Logitech's best suggestion was to uninstall MouseWare, run my 3-button PS2 WheelMan in 2-button mode and wait for version 9.29. Reluctantly Done!

Weird part is that my second machine, which was upgraded to 2000-Pro at the same time and same manner as the problem PC, has run 2 different USB cordless Logitech mice......no problems. Go figure.

SnapperOne

Wolf87........

Thanks for the link; but, been there, seen those MS notes, etc.... Did an uninstall of MouseWare to prevent the problem, but Logitech can't tell me why a virtually identical machine located at this site has no problem running MouseWare. That PC works like a champ! Also, while I did a "Remove Program" on MouseWare, I'm very skittish about playing around inside the Registry, so the two problem files are still in the Registry.

My position with the software vendors has always been, "If your Install Program inserts files into the Registry, then Add/Remove Programs should remove all remnants of your program from my PC, including the Registry".

Nice position to take, but it doesn't get me anywhere!

SnapperOne

I remember my dumbfounded face when I tryed to upgrade mouse ware and the keyb SW.

and left with no mouse or KB on W2k.

Took me a while to restore it all back. It is quite hard to install drivers in windows when you do not have a KB or mouse smile