Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seldzar

2495, anyone?

Anyone got 2495?

I tell ya it's not much use to me since you now have to activate before you can even log on.

You can still get into the os via safemode with command prompt but replacing winlogon from 2481 isn't the solution.

I've tried the typical unregister regwizc.dll and licdll.dll but I'm not in any mood to mess further, i'll let someone else do the dirty work wink

anyone got a way in? or a bypass or *gasp* a crack?

the reset crack worked fine for me. I just put the 2481 winlogon.ex_ in the i386 dir along with setupreg.hiv and then used the reset crack and im running fine on 95

I haven't installed 2495 yet, but will this evening. If it's as stable as 2486, I'll be very happy with it. I still remember 2000 at this stage (or, God forbid, NT 4.0), and this is so much better and more stable. I've had 2486 running on this machine for 2 weeks straight with no blue screens or anything - even when playing 3-D games... Got anything interesting to report with 2495?

Well be sure to let me know if you can get into the os as I ran the crack for 2495 from the web site i posted above and so far nothing but I'll keep playing with it.

Let us know if you get in and how about you went and did it.

it is getting faster and faster with each build is pretty much all i can say. I mean there isnt anything "new" over 86 just more refinements to things.

2495 seemed to dislike my SB Live 5.1. First build I have ever had a problem with. Did a clean install and installed the updated SB drivers I usually use. Damn thing started BSOD'ing me left and right. Went back to 2486 and all is again well with the world smile

Weird. Some people said they were having problems with SB Live's with other builds as well... It's always worked for me, so we'll see what happens when I install 2495 later.

Seldzar

I installed 2495 with no problems. I applied the crack from the website above, and it looks like it worked (I haven't set the date ahead yet to test)... However, I was able to log in just fine, even before it was activated. You're not able to log in at all (other than safe mode), even after the first boot?

No worries, it's all good.

first install wasn't with the winlogon.ex_ and setupreg.hiv replaced

second install was overtop without a format and gave the same problem with the files mentioned above.

After that I formatted the partition and started again with the winlogon and setupreg files and all was good this time round, wierd.

I like it thou, really fast now

works fine, besides having to get an app that uses directsound 1st to get it working right and some minor problems here and there but otherwise its working as well as can be expected using 2k drivers.

Guys,

You do not need any cracks if you are able to download the corporate version...

ARC