Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Busby

File and Printer Sharing Weirdness

On my server box (runnin Win2k Server) I have 2 NICs. One is for internal LAN and has File and printer sharing enabled. The other is for my cable modem. Tonight I got a weird ICQ and thought maybe someone was tryin to get my IP to hack me so I goto my server and do a netstat -an. I see the normal stuff I can expect but then I see a port 139 for my cable modem and see that it's listening. Is Win2k just plain stupid? It (File and Printer Sharing) isn't checked in the Connection settings box for cable NIC but it still is listening on that port. How do I stop it from listening on port 139. Also is port 2115 used for network drive mappings? and what is port 5361?

Thanks

Well I figured out what uses port 5361, it's pcAnywhere. still wondering about port 2115 cause that is used on my computer to connect to my server and the only real connection I have with it is a drive mapping.

I know 139 is file and printer sharing. And I know I can "disable" it by unchecking it and I have done that but it still listens on port 139 according to netstat -an. Now I have 2 connections and 1 does have it enabled but it shouldn't listen on port 139 if it is disabled, correct?