Sign in to follow this  
munzer

only checking...

dowload the three iso's:

yarrow-i386-disc1.iso

yarrow-i386-disc2.iso

yarrow-i386-disc3.iso

burn,boot,install

Just make sure that when you burn the CD's that you use the "burn image" feature of your burning software to burn the ISO's.

Also, burn them at a slow speed, such as 8X. Trust me, this will prevent any burn errors.

Quote:
Just make sure that when you burn the CD's that you use the "burn image" feature of your burning software to burn the ISO's.

Also, burn them at a slow speed, such as 8X. Trust me, this will prevent any burn errors.

hello mate... i tried ripping some other files useing 8x... but when i try to copy them back on the HD from my 16X DVD-ROM... it gives me error... but when i try to copy them from the CD-RW i ripped them from... it works normally.. but there is a problem... the CD-RW is external... and the system does not accept external devices when install linux i think... am I right?

If you can, burn a CD-R and make sure you choose "Burn a disc image" or whatever your software options are. You can't just put the .iso on the CD, you need to burn it's image so it will require an extra step depending upon what software you use. If the CD-RW is externa; usb or something then no, you can't install from it most likely (not in my experience at least).You'll have to put the CD-R in the DVD drive. The DVD drive may not be compatible with CD-RWs, but then again it may be, if you've read other CD-RWs on it then you should be fine. I've never tried installing from a CD-RW but it will probably work as long as you burned it correctly.

Regards,

Steve

A few possible issues. Make sure, as mentioned by LnxAddct, that you are not burning the iso only, you have to burn the image, so when you look at the files on the CD, you do not see the single iso file, but a list of install directories and files.

CDRW disks can be a problem at times, depending on the drive reading them, or poor quality CDRW's. In my experience, CD-R disks are more reliable.

In terms of booting from USB/external drives, maybe, I don't know regarding installing linux. I do not have one.

You can also try, if your bios supports it, choosing CD-USB as the first boot device in the bios set-up and see what happens.