Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TomAL

Ndis.sys

just installed winxp 2485 and now even before it gets into the winodws environment it comes up with a blue screen about ndis.sys. i can load in safe mode and safe mode with networking. can someone help me get rid of this error. it goes to the nice new winxp logo with scrolly thing, then has the bsod.

Any ideas

Tom

ok had a look a bit further and i cant load in safe mode with networking, every thing is ok when i remove my network card, beut if i put it in it goes.

any ideas

Tom

you can try a different NIC, or try reinstalling TCP/IP and the other network services you have installed.

NDIS stands for Network Driver Interface Specification. so if you ever get errors regaurding this file it is basically your NIC/Modem driver acting up on you. I would either look for a new driver or get another NIC.

ok thanks for your replys, i have tried a different nic (only 10mbps) but didn't have any drivers. the thing is it is a new netgear FA312 it works fine in win2k, tried to replace it with one form my other computer (same card) and the error still continues. i havn't installed any tcp ip stuff so cant uninstall anything. any more ideas.

many thanks

Tom

ok found new drivers (windows 2000 ones) for these other nics and tried them as soon as it starts to copy the drivers, i get the blue screen again. so it just seems that if i install any nic it goes, i have used previous versions of winxp with no problems (mainly beta 2).

any more ideas would be appreciated

Tom

odd, i would say try finding other beta's if you can like 2481 or 2475 or whatever and seeing if it happens in those versions too.

ok i have tried 2481 and now 2486, still the same problem, if i take my network card out it is fine, but put it back in no luck. any more ideas.

Tom