Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ironman666

WinME won't restart at all

hey everyone. i just built a system for my sister. its sort of old, pentium2 300 with an Asus P2B mb, 96 megs of SDRAM, Riva TNT 16mgs (Creative Labs), ESS 1869 sound, and Intel NIC. I installed winme and everything seems to be running fine except for the fact that the system won't restart! i updated the system with the socalled "Critical Updates" but that didn't help. I have a feeling its the nVidia drivers that shipped with winME. i checked for the latest drivers at nVidia but from what i read in the main paragraph it doesn't seem as though Riva TNT's are supported (the oldest card listed is a TNT2). so does anyone know what could be causing winme's inability to restart? and could someone tell me where i can find the latest drivers for the Riva TNT...thanks in advance.

-Syed Ahmad

P.S. everything else is working fine and the system shutsdown just fine.

If you suspect that the Video drivers are wrong, use Nvidia's reference drivers, they do support TNT, up to driver release 7.xx, I think. I heard that the 6.18 detonators were decent for TNT. Or try posting at nvnews.net, they'll help you out.