Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rune Moberg

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000): Memory problem

I recently helped a buddy of mine with NFS:PU, and after having tried everything (removing gimme.dll, re-installing SP1, different video drivers, etc) we finally set his pagefile to a fixed size.

We both got 256MB of memory and our pagefiles are now locked to 384MB (min/max).

A third friend of mine has 512MB RAM and NFS works just fine there too. (I don't know his pagefile settings)

Important: Do not remove gimme.dll. It's a big no-no if you have any desire whatsoever to play this game over a network. (and who knows what other bizarre behaviour the removal will trigger?)

SP2 didn't break anything for me.

--

Rune

I tried setting my Physical memory at 384mb and leaving Gimme.dll alone like you said. Didn't work for me. I am stuck at Loading screen. Could you ask your friend (the one with 512mb memory) about his Physical memory setting and post that info back here? Thx.

OMG! I finally got NFS Porche Unleashed to work in multiplayer mode without having to delete Gimme.dll file. All I did was set the paging file to 256mb both Max and Min. Now I just need to figure how to get NFS: High Stakes to work. =(

FWIW: My buddy who has 512MB memory says his pagefile is set to

Initial: 768

Maximum: 1536

Recommended: 766

Current: 768

Registry: 18 MB

He says he hasn't touched anything (i.e. that this was the default).

--

Rune