Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZoSo

SMP Games?

Anyone know of a list of games that are SMP compatible?

Thanks,

I'm not having any troubles with any games *knock on wood* I was just wondering if anyone knows of a list of games the support SMP(multi processors) But thanks for asking.

the only game that i have heard that supports SMP is quake 3. Im sure there are others and with the release of XP soon hopefully more people will make SMP games.

Supposedly XP Personal only supports 1 processor. Oh well doesn't matter. Most game developers in a year will be using XP Pro for game making anyway and thanks to AMD everybody with duallies will be using XP Pro! haha!

As far as I know, there will be a "Professional" version of XP, which then will support smp. Windows NT and Windows 2000 supports smp yet. There are not many smp capable games out, and this for sure won´t change till the mass market uses such hardware. As far as I can remember, some sierra games are smp capable: GPL, NASCAR4 and ...I don´t remember the other one any more. Quake-engine based games should be smp capable, too.

I will find out, if some Microprose games as Falcon 4 and GP 3 can use smp, too.

And don´t forget: If a game doesn´t support smp, at least less processor-power will be lost for the os resulting in more power for the game!