Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spyder

Remote Assistance

How does this work? I`m curious because everything I`ve read suggests that XP Home can ask for remote assistance but doesn`t have the capability to actually control someone elses PC (offer assistance). My understanding is that you need XP Pro to do the remote desktop. Can anyone correct me on this?

MUCH appreciated! So XP Home users CAN accept a plea for help and control the other user's XP Home PC. Its all clear to me now. Thank you!

XP home users have remote assistance but they DO NOT have remote desktop. At least this was the latest line i heard and one of the reasons i didn't want per as opposed to pro.

So home users can help others but they can't use another computer to fully control their box from another location (remote desktop)

Ok...but Remote Assistance in XP Home will allow you to take control of the other person's computer who is asking for help correct? Remote Desktop must be more robust.

This whole thing already comes in Netmeeting..

You can set your home computer for Remote Desktop Sharing and access it from other windows terminal using Netmeeting using a secure connection...

ARC