Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PISSED OFF

3dfx voodoo3 2000 pci-REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!!!

WHAT BUILD DOES A VOODOO3 2000 PCI WORK IN WINXP?

PLZ ANSWER

IF THERE IS NO OTHER BUILDS THAT WORK

THEN I'M STICKING WITH WINDOWS 2000 PRO

My best guest WinXP not allow the drivers to install or Rollback to build in drivers other then that there nothing I can in tell it Final or Gold then try find new work around for it sorry bud life can be a pain sometime just have to lean to live with it for now.

Have you tried installing the Windows 2000 drivers? I tried an earlier build of XP and my V3 2000 PCI worked fine.

yes i have tried windows 2000 drivers from www.3dfx.com

and x3dfx.com

still no work

on build 2475 pro

i'm goin to try and download build 2481(on my 56.6k and try it out)

if no work then wait until close to rc2

p.s what build where you usin?

For a good, cheap replacement that runs great, pick up a card using the GeForce 2 MX chip. You should easily be able to find one for $100 or less,depending on features and other stuff.

It was a rather early build. 2442 or something. I have 2474, I'm debating about trying it.

The latest 3dfx drivers work fine in xp(sans glide), the drivers are the same as the v5 and they work fine in winxp. Just install the drivers manually and don't install the 3dfx tools(Use voodoo4+ runner).

I just did the install and the drivers are good on my 2000 pci(can use v4 + runner for basic settings)

Played mcm2 on my second monitor(v3 2000 pci w/1.03 drivers)

Ran 3dmark 2001 as well, I can only assume you were referring to glide not working? This maybe fixed in a later build, who knows but does it really matter now?

can you have instucations on how to do this?

rite now i have build 2475

did have 2481 but deleted it

i also have 56.6k modem !

http://www.ntcompatible.com/3dfxfaq.shtml

Install Note:

1: Download the latest drivers V5 1.04.00 or V3 1.03.00

2: Unpack the latest drivers any where you like by type "c:\(name of folder)" other then the defaults temp folder.

3: Go to that folder where you unpack the tools & drivers and run setup.exe win you get to the error messsage just click on ignor button 4,5 time yes reboot.

4: Go back and rerun setup.exe you need to check do a repair and reboot one more time then all should be fine after that.

Other then that go the Device Manager