Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nikkerit

Forcing resolution

W2k + geforce2 Mx detonator 7.97

I wish to force my desktop resolution to 1280x1024x32

When I used 6.31 Drivers It was possible.

Now with 7.97 the 1280x1024 option disappears.

I tried to change monitor driver with one P&P monitor.

I tried to use powerstrip..nothing.

I tried with NVidia Refresh Rate Fix..nothing.

I know with DCgenie program in w98/me I can add additional resolutions

but unfortunately this program doesn't work in win2k.

is there a similar program that works in win2k?

note I downloaded all tweak video files from tweakfiles.com but noone works. frown

thanks all

Nikkerit

A quick way i can think of is to go to display properties-->settings and then to advanced.On Monitor tab click on "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display".

Be careful though because if you select a resolution or refresh rate that your monitor does not support... you know the rest...

BTW have you tried Nvidia's support?maybe if you mention the driver and the problem they might have a solution for you.

thanks thymios ,

but the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is unselectable.

How can I do it selectable?

thanks again.

Nikkerit

oops that's really strange...

What is the brand of your monitor?can't you find drivers for it?even if windows have your brand but not the specific model, try still to select a model close to the serial number of yours.it sounds like your monitor is not at all optimised by windows and i think that's the problem.I also bet that you cannot select the highest frequencies from "monitor" tab.

if you tell me your monitor maybe i can help you out more.

Till then...salute!

ok!

my monitor is NeC MultiSinc XV17 (too old..I know:o )

Windows recognized my monitor as it is( Windows has two options that I tried Xv17 and Xv17+)

When I had 6.31 detonators installed I had no problem I Could go in 1280x1024x32 resolution. With 6.50 and 7.97 ( I think starting from 6.50 ) 1280x1024 resolution disappered from my config options.

Then my (old:o ) monitor supports this resolution , windows knows my monitor..then the prob is the driver... then I'm....:D

ciao thymios

then you should try the support of Nvidia or turn back to another driver.i checked quickly the nvidia page and saw that the latest driver (WHQL) is 6.50.the others don't have support since they are Beta.but you said that these ones have problems as well.

that's all i can think of at the moment.sorry if i wasn't helpful.

Anyway take care nikkerit.Arrivederci neighbour (hope the spelling is correct!)

All the nVidia reference drivers from 7.xx onwards suffer from this problem (which is why I'm still running on 6.50). The driver seems to refuse to properly recognise the monitor's capabilities and also disables the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" option.

I've heard that by replacing one of the files in the driverset with an older version, the problem can be resolved. Unfortunately I don't know which file or if doing this has any nasty side effects.