Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

Java plugin/java

Ight, my last needed plug in that im' sure is available is java. I tired to install it all myself but went wrong..a.nyone have a walk through to install the java plug in/java to run the plug in?

Daum

1.4.1 mozilla..and i did the j2drske it hink....shrug i just download it from their site...installation was sucessful as i know..but the jvm still doesn't work...i would be glad to download install a whole new set of java files and such..just tell me which=)

Daum

uh the sdk doesn't exist with the netbeans..thats only the second part of the download section...which oen do you want me to install? i think you cut off the j2 off your post?

Daum

got it up and running...the have the jvm as a different download for some reason..thanks

Daum

Quote:
uh the sdk doesn't exist with the netbeans..thats only the second part of the download section...which oen do you want me to install? i think you cut off the j2 off your post?
Daum

Yes, I did. Sorry.

Hi,

Dispite having Mandrake 9.2 working on my laptop for several months now, I still haven't sused out how to install stuff. I noticed when surfing the net via Mozilla, that Java and Flash things aren't working, so I downloaded "j2re-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin" from Java.com...

How do I install this...?

I have downloaded the plug-in to my tmp folder under my login under home.

cd to the directory where it is downloaded, and as root go:

chmod 777 j2re-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin [enter]

That's in case it's permissions are set in such a way that it won't run. Then go:

./j2re-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin

or

sh j2re-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin [enter]

After installation, follow the steps on how to link to Mozilla from above.

sdk-1_4_2-nb-3_5_1-bin-linux.bin will do the same thing and is much easier to install.

yeh mandrake 9.2 was a pain to install plugins for some reason.... had the same problem.. but dan here helped smile

Cheers once more Dapper Dan.....

I unpacked by following your instructions, tried following the instruction from the link above but it just said 'file already exists' - so I tried double clicking on the unpacked rpm from the home graphic view... it installed itself...

Went to a web page that I knew had a JVM applet and whalaa...... IT WORKED... laugh

That's the first thing I have ever got to work after the initial install.... chuffed or what.... now then, let's try getting flash to work... laugh