Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dodgeviperrt10

NFS5 Porsche + Windows XP

Is there any way to get Need for Speed running with Windows XP build 2781 ? I always get a directX error (some "termination" is written in the window name line) which says that DirectX 0 is installed and DirectX 7 is needed. Any suggestions ?

Thank you !

Questionnaire wants to know where dodgeviperrt10 got "2781" at? Yea... I'm stuck on an "outdated" build of XP, "2481". wink

Anyway, I havent yet installed NFS5 or do I think i'll have the time on a sunday night. Have you tried the new 12.60 dets? Oooppss.. You forgot to post your systems specs so I dont know what VGA you're running. I 'might' install the games tonight and give it a whack but dont hold your breath. If you have a nvidia chipset you can snag all the latest beta drivers here.

Goodluck!

Quote:

Questionnaire wants to know where dodgeviperrt10 got "2781" at? Yea... I'm stuck on an "outdated" build of XP, "2481". wink

liam emos em dnes dluohs uoy spahrep
ptf ym no ti evah I

Who need PGP with secret codes like that

(yes that was sarcasm)

Hahhaah...

"liam emos em dnes dluohs uoy spahrep

ptf ym no ti evah I"

I have it on my ftp perhaps you should send me some mail

Quote:

Hahhaah...

"liam emos em dnes dluohs uoy spahrep
ptf ym no ti evah I"

I have it on my ftp perhaps you should send me some mail

Wow, you're soooo amazingly good.... smile

I know. laugh hehe..just kidding. I was bored when I posted the last one. I wasn't trying to insult people's intellegence or anything.

Dodgeviperrt10, you got NFS 5 working on XP yet? I am thinking about upgrading to XP from Win2k, if NFS 5 work on XP.

Quote:

I know. laugh hehe..just kidding. I was bored when I posted the last one. I wasn't trying to insult people's intellegence or anything.

Dodgeviperrt10, you got NFS 5 working on XP yet? I am thinking about upgrading to XP from Win2k, if NFS 5 work on XP.

No, didn't get t to work because noone helped me so far !

Hmmm...I thought XP is suppose to be more gaming friendier than Win2k, I guess not. I have been hearing a lot people having gaming problems with XP just like Win2k. Hopefully, that will be changed on the retail version.

I dont think so. Escpesially NFS series has been a strain on the NT platform, simply because they are compiled with 9x.

They need to be recompiled with NT code and patched up, that would fix everything. It is very hard and maybe impossible for microsoft to add old 9x code emulation support and make it work on every system and every game.

If you contact the game developers and let them know you wanto move to a more stable OS maybe they will get their acts together.

this is as far as i have understood it...

Well for me it would start and then just sit there. Try renameing the file GIMME.DLL just the end *.dl. Sorry dude mine works great after that.

Quote:

Well for me it would start and then just sit there. Try renameing the file GIMME.DLL just the end *.dl. Sorry dude mine works great after that.

What build # are you using?

I have never had any issue running NFS5 on win2k or winxp with a v5 or gf2 except for the gimme.dll issue, after that NEVER an issue. So no the game doesn't need to Be all patched up, it works fine.

NFSHS in d3d is another story thou.

Yes well at least its like the with theolder games, I have heard of problems with the NSF 3 game maybe.

Take Dungeon keeper 2 for instance. it wouldnt work in win2k at all until it was patched up to version 1.7

Well, NFS5 works on my Win2k too but not 100%. I can only play single player mode. When I play like LAN game, it crashes back to my desktop. I don't know why. I even deleted that Gimme.dll. Strange. Anyways, I can't get like Need For Speed 4 and 3 to install either. Well, looks like EA isn't going to get their acts together anytime soon. They think people should use Win98 for gaming. Well, too bad for them because they just lost their long time customer. I have been buying all their NBA Live series and Need For Speed series. Good thing Counter-Strike got me addicted.

Okay NFS5 installs fine but then when i start the game the menu's are flashing and while i'm racing some of the 3d textures are missing i thought it was my gefore 2 card but nfs4 works flawless and so do a lot of other 3d games can some one offer nay input of what it might be.

Joker, you said NFS4 works flawless on your system. Is that without doing any patching and stuff? And what version is your OS?

no patching nothing just installed and works great.

WinXP 2481

First.. NFSV should work fine on all build except 2474 and >2462 with good stability. build 2486 should work but I haven't installed it yet so can't say anything.

Second..if you are gonna try to install a 9x based game on w2k use the enum installer from the the w2kcd.

Third..NFSV should be updated to make lan work on some builds.

That's my 2cent input on this.

WMA

Windows Media Association.

World Media Association.

What Matters Association.