Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maillion

Hey! I'm a senior!

Quote:
Does that mean you'll be retiring soon too? smile

Nope! Linux has no retirement policy - nor rules! x)

Quote:
No rules.. eh... wink

No, I have to be at least 62 according to social insecurity, and one of the places I used to work required people to retire at 55. Linux will let me work as long as I want to, and will let me quit when I want to, regardless... wink

I don't think you will quit. smile Isn't that the point of Linux anyway? TO keep it going. To Surpass ... Him. smile

To boldly go where no previous (or curret other [ie: M$]) o/s can. (or will smile )

----------------

EI.. UI .. Oh.. what ever. Didn't help the farmer either. smile

Quote:
I don't think you will quit. smile Isn't that the point of Linux anyway? TO keep it going. To Surpass ... Him. smile

To boldly go where no previous (or curret other [ie: M$]) o/s can. (or will smile )

----------------
EI.. UI .. Oh.. what ever. Didn't help the farmer either. smile

Amen, and amen! Thanks, and you are right!

.. no.. that won't happen. smile

But the occassional guess can be correct with no foreknowledge.

When a question is yes or no.. the chances are 50% at getting it correct. However, quantum physics adds the possibility of a third answer that is the same.. not.. and inbetween all at the same time.

Atleast you are right - at some point - Maybe - Not. Something inbetween?

8) ;( ;( smile

Quote:
When a question is yes or no.. the chances are 50% at getting it correct. However, quantum physics adds the possibility of a third answer that is the same.. not.. and inbetween all at the same time.
Atleast you are right - at some point - Maybe - Not. Something inbetween?

Yeah, that describes me - I'm kind of a fence walker - I try to balance things out... 8)

Some how I am expecting a rat that is chillin' then says that philisofical reply to all answers. And just who are we? We are who we are.

or something like that. smile

Quote:
Some how I am expecting a rat that is chillin' then says that philisofical reply to all answers. And just who are we? We are who we are.

or something like that. smile

;(

how about philosophical ? smile

It was in a show I watched. 10 years ago? This little rat comes from the side of the screen and ask where are we? Where am I? Where are any of us? Later on it is Who am I ..etc.. If I could remember what show/movie it was that might help more. smile Almost like a running gag.

Without the technicolor spew. wink

I am what I am. And I don't think Betty Ford takes Vampyres.

Ahhh... Well, you've got my curiosity aroused. If you ever remember, let me know. There is probably no way that I will ever find it! -I watch so little TV that I can barely remember what shows are on now - oh well... 8)

Quote:
Ditto. (that was 10 years o rso back smile I think. )

A thought - is there a site - maybe for the TV Land channel - that would help find stuff like this? ;(

EDIT

Well, I googled for TV Land, it set about 10 or so cookies, then it was all flash stuff! I don't use flash, or any of that crap, so it did me no good at all! ;(

In the first movie, Neo had to be convinced that the Matrix was a 'virtual reality' created by the machines. At first, he and the people around him were convinced that it was real. In our life, we each create our own 'Matrix' with what we believe. Our beliefs become our philosophy - we create a 'reality' based upon our religion, political party, our society. We accept these things, and try to convince others that our beliefs are real. Others try to convince us that their beliefs are real. The 'Matrix' is the sum total of our beliefs - our 'philosophy'. You can see this sometimes in the posts here, people have accepted a particular distro, and sometimes try to answer others questions by promoting that distro, regardless of whether it will supply the answer to their question(s), if people debate Microsoft and Linux, their 'Matrix' is what forms their comments, and so forth. Our 'Matrix' is not "all around us" (according to the movie) but inside of our minds, according to the beliefs that our teachers, family, society, politcal entities, churches, and so forth, have given us. 8)

Quote:
...people have accepted a particular distro, and sometimes try to answer others questions by promoting that distro, regardless of whether it will supply the answer ...

..Yeah.. I have noticed that. smile

Kina amussing, actually. (Kina because sometime I ask the questions smile )