Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Inconsistent Windows XP UI

Hi Guys,

Recently I was looking at the screenshots of Windows XP. I noticed that the scrollbars in Internet Explorer are not skinned and are plain. Though, this is a very small issue but, I believe consistency in UI is very important. Futher, I knew that Window Blinds was not able to skin these same scrollbar and I thought Microsoft would certainly find a remedy for this. But looks like it is impossible.

Anyway, if anyone feels anything to be said. Please do...

Thanks.

The scrollbars aren't native widgets, which is why a page author can skin them with CSS. Agreed that the default should look right.

Yes that is true. But would they change it or it will remain as it is? I believe they should change it.

ARC

I doubt they'll change it, and I don't think they should - I like messing with them with CSS, and prefer the 'classic' look anyway.

-bZj

yea, i'm using XP 2465 and IE 2465 and they're skinned like Four and Twenty's

shot.jpg

Well I believe I have not seen on any site scrollbars in Internet Explorer like this. Either they are made up or I am wrong?

Please give me a valid source where I can verify..

ARC

yeah eddie is using that forged copy of XP sp those arent real screen shots.

Microsoft decided to, by default, display controls in the old-style for applications and websites that aren't specifically marked to use the new style. If you look at the source for this site, you'll notice a line near the top that says <META HTTP-EQUIV="MSThemeCompatible" Content="Yes">. This marks this site as being tested and compatible with the new XP look. If you get the old-style scroll bars or controls on other sites, it's because they haven't marked themselves as compatible.