Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

This true about WIN2k SP2?

just some xp technology there... browse http://www.cdfreaks.net (or was it http://www.cdfreaks.com ?) for further infos (it was several news, but dont know on which dates). Actually it is true that from SP2 onwards Microsoft wants to know a little bit more about the windows on your system.

You get the same effects when running internet explorer 5.5sp1 on windows me, i've read there.

With respect to MS knowing more about whos using their software ask yourself this. With the recent court events do you think that MS would actually be that obvious about unlawful invation of your personal computer and stealing your information. They would be shut down in a heart beat. And what if I own a portable with all legal software and at my home I login to the net , MS pings me and says this comp @ blahblah ip address uses win2k serial # 1234567890. Then I get a new HD and go out of town on business. At the new location I log on to the net. MS pings me and says this comp has different hardware and the same serial # . PIRATE PIRATE send out the FEDS. I get a new modem from this divisions office and fly back to my company. I log on to the net there and MS pings me again just as the FEDS break down my office door. LMAO! Because I look like a guy Who uses 3 copys of win2k. I don't think so.

just looking for your serial number.

a) some widespread ones are maybe used by hundreds of different computers: then it becomes evident.

B) some are used in the same company on several pcs: this can not be determined due to company firewalls blocking the ping, hiding the ip's - every company has one.

I personally believe Microsoft would not take such a stupid action, undermining their credibility.

ARC

Well,

I am not concerned with those two article since they do not comprise of information on SP2. What I am concerned is regarding Windows 2000 and SP2? Any further thoughts?

ARC

How much is it worth to file a class action suit against Microsot Corp.

for spying on the people?

Answer yes or no

Quote:

Well,

I am not concerned with those two article since they do not comprise of information on SP2. What I am concerned is regarding Windows 2000 and SP2? Any further thoughts?

ARC

But they do comprise of information on Microsoft no?

Well...I don't think Microsoft is going after individuals. I think they are going after companies using their pirated software. They are more likely to get money from sueing the companies.

If you doubt Microsquat's intentions, download the full patch vice the 'express' version and install from the local domain. The patch solved an RPC problem for me...guess the other bugs just haven't become really evident.