Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seducer

Strange Networking Connectiion?

Guys...i have an strange networking...y? i cannot see others computer when im not connected to the internet!!! but when I dial to my ISP, my connections appear....have any idea guys>?>>>>>?

help....

Can you ping the machines? Can you do a search of Network Neighborhood and see any machines?

nope...i cannot ping any workstations unless im connected to my ISP.

I believe for each network componet (i.e. TCP/IP, IPX/SPX) there has to be one for both the network card and the modem.

Brian Frank ....TCP/IP was already installed in both LANCARD & MODEM...but IPX/SPX were never been installed 'coz i think this will be used only in NOVELL.. and netbeui protocoll will be installed when u will direct connections but I have HUB...where all my workstations connected....

I dono whats wrong with this..

Sounds like you might have them set up for DHCP. Can you try giving them a static IP?

kgeissler....i've been using an static ip addressing and im not using the dhcp...my setup in my house is...

1 box of windows 2k pro

2 box of win98

they are connected thru my hub...

now...the win2k has an ip of 192.168.0.1 and the two box is 192.168.0.2 and 3. now the two box is can ping each other while the 2k pro cannot...i use the 2k pro for internet sharing. but if the 2k pro will dial to my isp...then win2k can ping all computers but if im disconnected to isp...then i cannot ping to both win98 boxes...

what else...????

I take it that you are only using TCP/IP as your protocol,

I've seen this problem b4 when users use Micro$ofts Internet Sharing Connection software. If this is the case with you, may I suggest disabling that crap software and try using something like Winroute.;)

Have you put the 192.168.0.1 as the default gateway?

Lord Nor...even if im going to use the winroute or wingate..i think it is not still possible since they cannot see each other..

yakkob...all my win98 box are configured the gateway to 192.168.0.1

i think i have to reinstall again...i have the same setup in my office and i dont have problem...

Guys...! everything works now....but i dont know how but all i did was i installed the sblive 3.0 driver...and everything works ok now...

thanks guys for help...