Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
guerrero

Win2k SP2 and Win File Protect

It cannot be disabled in SP2, goodjob as well.

There are too many idiots around who mess about with Win2K and then moan about Microsoft with their OS packs up.

I have disabled my WFP with SP 2 without any problems. Just followed the same format as for the original tweak. My system was completely wiped and the Sp2 installed soon after, this, although highly unlikely, could be a contributing factor to why I was sucessful

SHIIIIT!@ Seems I've made a liar out of myself! I thought all was good because I had deleted all the cahced files and wasn't receiving any errors. BUT I just patched my explorer.exe with the 256 color update and I got the friggen warning message! Sorry if I misled anyone shocked

Replace sfc.dll with the sfc.dll from SP1. That might fix it.

Quote:
There are too many idiots around who mess about with Win2K and then moan about Microsoft with their OS packs up.

There are too many people who need things done and WFP messes it up.

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon set or create a DWORD value of SFCDisable and set it to ffffff9d

Then you can go and nuke all the DLLcache files and SP files.

BUT you might need the SP1 SFC.fll like DosFreak said for it to work again. I haven't tested it yet, I need to get hold of that DLL first