Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oaydin

2475 Is Rocking !!!

I was ready for 3dmark2001 to crash again, but IT DIDN'T this time. Also 3dmark2001 score is almost same with win9x, 3dmark2000 score is better than 9x :)) and with only 128 mb ram.

Else boot is faster even then before. No problem for now :)))

Built in defragment is working great too.

I'm very impressed with this OS. It's fast, and looks great, win2k with eye candy!!!

I will be using it fulltime till rc-1 (hopefully) or rc-2 if all goes well I may skip them till rtm.

Yep - it's working great here (though I need to test out some games with it). This is by far the most stable build that I have used.

screw you guys laugh im stuck on 2k until new VIA BM drivers come out that fully support XP so my sound troubles will be gone.

That sucks :-( Did EZCD break access to cdroms in earlier builds? I installed EZCD5, patched it to the latest, and now can't access my cdrom (though can access the burner). When I put a disk in the cdrom I get "Incorrect Function". Any ideas? BTW, I am pretty sure that directcd is the culprit but, unlike many folks, I do like the program and want to keep using it. TIA

Guys,

Just a question. Is the RTM release the final retail version. Are the build same or is there any diff?

ARC

An RTM version is the Release To Manufacturing version and is therefore the final retail. However, as I am sure you know, XP is not at that point yet and is pre-RC1.

Well 2475 is better but I still have some issues perhaps someone has had the following:

Philips acoustic Edge sound card has popping sounds more noticable during desktop sounds and not as much in gaming.

When I install my philips acoustic edge it makes the my Tv tuner(ati tv wonder with a philips tv tuner chip) display all messed up, it works and the sound is fine but the screen is like it's scrambled.

Last build My MS sidewinder forcefeedback wheel would only have partial force feed back in something like NFS:PU(the engine rev's weren't present in the wheel but hitting a sign was fine etc)I haven't tried this yet.

Norton Antivirus still doesn't work, same error as previous build (unable to start Symevent)

Hey Seldzar - good to see you around again:-) It's getting to remind me of post-beta3 of Windows 2000.

Did you install the latest symevent update (supposedly fixes the problem)? Check out http://www.etplanet.net/windows/experience/cracks/nortonfix.txt for info on it.

A new build is supposed to be coming out tonight (right after I clean installed 2475). Should be interesting...

Hey hey =)Usually only come in here every so often to see whats happening.

I did install the Smyevent and it used to work fine (for example beta2) but it no longer works.

This is the least of my concerns however, I'm sure it's a windows issue that will be fixed.

My main issue is with this ATI tv tuner and philips sound card, read this and then go figure:

When I first installed winxp and nothing else from the clean install the tv tuner installed and worked fine, nice clear picture but no sound(obviously)

Now upon installing my soundcard drivers and doing the web update for them and a reboot I now have tv tuner with audio but a messed up picture that seems scrambled.

If I click the capture button and it starts to capture to my hd then the picture becomes clear.

If I set my second video card(v3 2000 pci) to primary and my GF2 GTS as secondary the tv tuner works fine.

If I then set my GF2 back to primary with the tv open I get a blank tv screen on my main monitor but if I minimize it and let it become my wallpaper(very cool feature) it doesn't do it on the primary but on my secondary monitor(only while still open from the switch) once closed it reverts back to messed up video.

I've tried disabling the sound card, nothing.

I've tried using older and different nvidia drivers, nothing(bluescreens with 10.80 and 11.01's)

I've tried disabling the second monitor, nothing.

It could be something in the new DX thats in these later builds but alas I don't know.

Funny thing is that it's a Philips tv tuner chip in the ati and a philips soundcard, you would figure they would play nice =(

Oh well, I've emailed philips just to see what they have to say, probably the usual winxp isn't supported blah blah blah.

Damn - got me stumped! Is it a TV Wonder? I have an AIW Radeon and it is working reasonably well (though captures tend to be somewhat dicey in quality - dropped frames, etc...) and I am using an SBLive. Let me know which TV card it is and I might be able to give some hints - XP's built-in Phillips driver didn't work with my card. I used the XP drivers that ATI released (in addition to the 3205 Windows 2000 drivers). The XP drivers have restored the VFW wrapper so that movie maker can be used. Talk to you later.

Yes it's an ATI tv wonder and I haven't seen a problem when used in conjunction with a sblive, only the Philips Acoustic Edge sound card.

Care to point me to those drivers your using? I'd love to see if I can mix and match some dll's possibly clear the issue up.

Sure - http://www.ammoburners.com/3dxtreme/Files/winxp.zip - good 'ol ATI never has come out with non-beta TV Wonder drivers for Windows 2000, huh? That's a big reason why I went with the AIW Radeon (got tired of waiting and saved an irq to boot). I believe that the newest Win2k rage 128 drivers may contain what you are looking for (I went peering around in the .inf file and think I saw references to the TV Wonder in there). They can be found at http://support.ati.com/drivers/win2k/win2k_r128_513013209_sp.html . Good luck:-)

my probs are like the popping and stuff like that but it is slowdowns and distorted sounds when transfering anything on the IDE bus. 2481 is supposed to fix some of the compatability and driver problems in the 247x series. The thing is that i think MS broke the symevent thing on purpose because now Symantec's site says that XP will be supported upon RTM, not that the symevent listed works in XP (which now doesnt but you get the point).

When is 2481 supposed to be out?

Gotta get that if it fixes my issues.

Thanks for the files shrink.

Predictions are that 2481 is going to be out tonight :-) Any idea how an upgrade install is likely to go over 2475?

Shrink

It shouldbe fine, I tried upgrade 2474 to 2475 BUT the cdrw I burned the image to was a little funky and gave me a failure error during setup. Reburned it to a nice cdr and it worked fine, so I believe the upgrade should be painless.

Please let me know, err ummmm if you happen to "find" 2481 lying around =)

<g>

Check your PM - I left a message for ya.

Shrink

Im not sure if this build will work for me guys....because i tried to install the 2474 but it fails why? the setuperr.log says the my hardware was malfunctions or low memory....but with 2462 it works fine...this is my setup!!!!

PIII 600

SOLTEK MOBO

128 MB

2 30GB - IDE 1

2 20GB - IDE 2

1 10GB - Sony proprietary Card

1 250 ZIP - Sony proprietary Card

1 TEAC 52x

1 LG 8x4x24 RW

10/100 3com

SB Live Platinum

32MB TNT 2 M64

56K internal modem

have any idea guys why the 2474 wont install to my system?

some says that it might the mobo, what do u think?

Which Soltek mobo? Is it a bx chipset or a via chipset mobo (Soltek makes both). I would make sure that acpi is disabled under power management in the bios, and install XP with the Standard PC hal. The main trick is to disable acpi in the bios and then try installing again. Good luck.

You can also hit F5 where it says hit F6 to add scsi or raid drivers when setup first starts. This will allow you to select the HAL. You can select on that is not ACPI. I do this since I cant disable in the bios. -Aaron

Shrink...my mobo is in VIA chipset...i tried to disable the ACPI but still not able to install the 2474...i tried also wat luders said..pressing F5 and select standard pc still not working...

???? 2474....

i hope the 2475/2481 will work w/ me...

Damn - I can't say, then. I have heard that 2474 is less stable than 2475 - could just be a bug? Wait for 2481 and give it a try. Good luck!

Shrink