Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
t0ad

Santa Cruz EAX sounds uh .. horrible

after several attempts at playing halflife with EAX on, ive given up. the volume of sounds is extremely quiet compared to regular wave sounds with eax on, and the reverb is horrible. sounds like im playing in a giant tile covered bathroom! a3d didnt appear to work at all either.. the only other game i have with eax is Serious Sam, and upon trying it i found it to be very quiet and just .. not 3d sounding. i dont know how to adjust this to try and fix it either.. also, these drivers (4081 betas) are just overall buggy. ive noticed sometimes while switching to EAX or A3D, and even changing from 4 speaker output to anything else and then back, that it completely stops outputting to the rear channel! this doesnt fix until i reboot which is pretty fricken annoying.. but anyway .. any suggestions on the bad eax is appreciated..

yeah, had that for quite awhile. still, everything ive tried with eax = crappy sounding.

were you running an SBLive first? I had the same problem with the old SBLive driver issue (CL sucks at uninstalling their own apps too apparently), but a fresh OS install has fixed everything for me.

:}

yeah the EAX on my Santacruz sounds fine in Tribes 2, but i havent tried half-life yet.