Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
landholl

Problems Installing Fedora

I am trying to install Fedora on a slave hard drive. THere is nothing else residing on the disk. I have loaded all of the files and been through the installation, however, when the installation ends, and the system reboots, the installation stalls when it tries to start or install my network. The whole system freezes up and I have to reboot. Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this.

It takes quite a while to do that. If you do not have a compatible ethernet card, or if the card is not connected to the 'net, it takes a lot longer. Are you using a winmodem (software based, rather than hardware based)? How long did you wait before rebooting? ;(

I am using a standard Linksys Ethernet Card connected to a cable modem with CAT 5 cable. I let the setup sit overnight and it was still locked up. I tried showing the details during the install, and it was running through all of the checks, and when it got to the eth0 check it just stalled.

Thanks for all your help I hope further assistance is on the way looking forward to getting up and running!

I have tried unplugging my cable modem on startup. I am running Windows on a seperate hard drive. I have read the above referenced article, and this did not seem to work. DO you think adding an additional NIC and running the two through a router will work. I am running out of ideas, any further help is appreciated.