Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarksmanX

Formating a new Harddrive in Windows 2000

Hi guys smile

Is there anyway I can format a new Hard Drive in Windows 2000 without fdisking or adding a primary dos parition? Can you please provide me in detail how this process is done if it is possible to format a new Hard Drive in Windows 2000. Thanks alot guys smile

This is a cinch! In Win2k, right click on the drive you want to format, hit format on the menu, and then do a full format.

Well, it's not that easy. I don't have that option on that new drive when I right click on it frown

Well then, go into disk managment and do it form there.

Make sure that your drive has been configured in BIOS if its on the regular IDE controllers and not an IDE card or extra controllers on the motherboard. And don't forget the power.

I'm not saying you haven't done this, but I'm just covering the bases. smile

To elaborate on what Ge0ph said - right-click on 'my computer' and choose 'manage'. Under 'storage' there is a section called 'disk management'. This is where you go to create/modify/delete partitions.

Is there a way to create a non-dymanic disk in Disk Management? when ever I've tried formatting partitions in there, it always creates them as dymanic - I don't want that.

--Cynan.