Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arkaerial

Direct X not working in hardware

Ok we had win2k installed on my work computer(I'm the guiniea pig) and when I did a system run through and test the video portion of the DX (ver.8) tests it says direct3d and agp texture acceleration are not available. The system is a custom built p2 450 with 512megs of ram, diamond viper v770 (tnt2 card) on an asus p2b mobo. Someone installed the Os about 2 weeks ago and it took freakin 4 days before I got the computer back. I don't want to have to wait another 3-4 days trying to do graphics on a 300mhtz with 64 megs of ram. When the computer ran win98 the dx test were ok. Is there anything I can do for this or just leave it alone? (I already reinstalled dx 8 and it didn't work).

Did they install any drivers for that video card? The default Win2k drivers do not have any hardware acceleration. You can get official drivers from www.nvidia.com

CUViper well I installed the official drivers on the machine and now it shows all the components of the video test in the diagnostic...When I test it though, I get a black screen and then it asks if I saw the spinning cube. Before I could see it work in software mode, but now the only 2 tests that work are first two in direct draw test (the black and white rectangle and the windowed bouncing cube) if anything goes full screen it doesn't show it now.

I got a similar problem.

In W2000 I have also installed DX 8.0 and when running DXdiag I got a message it didn't have hardware buffers for my soundcard (SB 128 PCI).

I have a diamond viper 550 Graphical card.

In W98 I got no problems, like Arkaerial.

So, lots of similarities...

Ok, I never bothered to check the sound and when I did test it I also get the "no hardware support for direct sound, using software buffering".