Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Best XP Build So Far

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Out of the builds listed which is the best in your opinion and why??

for me 2465 because it is the only build post beta 2 that i have been able to get VIA bus mastering IDE drivers installed. Also there have been too many major flaws in the following builds that have forced me to use 2k. ex 2469 - DDraw problem, and no support for 4in1s. 2474 - rundll32 problem and no support for 4in1s

I havnt run any build after 2462. Although i'm downloading them as we speak (66% Completed on 2469 and starting 2474 right afterwards:p) So it would be hard for me to say without running them all. But i'd have to say that after reading the problems people are having with the builds after 2462, i'd have to pick 2462. Everything works here 100% except trying to adjust one games graphics setting crashes the game (Janes USAF) and my scanner (UMAX Astra 3400) isnt supported and doesnt work. Oh yea... I almost forgot to mention I found some other minor bugs, ones in dial up connection where if you get kicked/disconected from the net and click re-connect without closing the window and re-opening it, it forgets your password and another in wordpad I dont feel like getting into right now and a few others. Other then that, i'm lovin' it as my sole OS now. :P Paid for the RC's and RC1 will be sent to my door. laugh

i have tried all the xp versions

from 2462 - 2474

and i have to say that 2465 is by far the best

2462 is way to slow

2475 doesn't work on my computer. Some fatal error after it copies all the files. 2474 is the best Whistler in my opinion except for it crashes Getright after I try to retry a file. Everything else works.

so far im in 2462 y?...well i installed it to my system without any problem not like 2474, it wont install...i dono why it wont!!!!!

maybe ill just wait for another build...

You left 2475 off - it has been the most stable on my system.

Same here. 2475 has been rock solid. I can't seem to make this OS crash...CD's burn fine. Nero is working perfectly and gaming is a breeze. Unless something jumps up and bites me, I may stay with this build till RTM unless something in RC1 or 2 is just too sweet hehehe

Same here - except for not being able to capture video with my AIW (which appears to be a driver issue) everything is solid and I will likely keep this until RTM.

Who am I kidding - i'll probably install each new build (but make a ghost backup of this setup before each one) <g>!

Finaly got 2475 up and running. Seems heaps faster then 2462. I dont have much time on it, but so far so good. I'm definetly buying it when it comes out. (I consider it a good upgrade from my former OS, WinMe) smile

I didnt put 2475 up on the poll because it wasnt out when i made it.