Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SplanK

***stop.....irql_not_less_or_equal

A newbie to Win2K...

I keep getting

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0xE13B4668, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80461A03)IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***Address 80461A03 baase at 80400000, datestamp 3ad7ad60 ntoskrnl.exe

Beginning dump of physical memory

I dont know whwta is trigering this STOP BSOD, but from the NTOSKRNL.EXE - I think it is not a driver related issue otherwise it would state the driver file which caused the STOP BSOD??

Please help - its really stressing me out!!

My computer details can be found on

http://www.btinternet.com/~daisy.walters

1. Have you flashed to the latest mobo bios?

2. Using latest drivers for all devices?

3. Are you using ACPI?

I think I am running hte latest drivers for the cards - although the LAN card and SBLve are running the ones installed by Windows

I tried taking hte SBLive out but that did not work

I have installed Win"K with and without ACPI, and I have the latest BIOS for my mobo - still get the problenm

the enoying thing is I dont know how to triger the BSOD :|

STOP 0x0A messages can be caused by a few things such as, EasyCD Creator, Norton AntiVirus, WinRoute... the list goes on. Do a search on the MS Knowledge Base for that stop # and see if anything is relevent to you.

--Cynan.

What kind of RaM (what brand) do you have installed on your system? I have had those blue screens when I bought a pathetic stick of RAM ..

AFter taking it out. everything is stable now laugh

I do have some RAM that was from a computer fair - although it was not cheep - but its not a well known brand name

could memory cause this error - but it is so random, and I dont know how to trigure the event. I have had Win2K runnign or like 2 days before running SETI@home and that was OK...

hmmm..which computer fair btw?? I go to the ones in pomona, CA. And yeah I came across a bad stick from a computer fair myself .and yeah .the blue screens were random ..pretty random. Try disabling a quick power on self test in the BIOS so that a thorough memory test will take place. could be a bad stick.

what does that program do - would it report any faults why Win2K aint workin?

Its checks out your RAM for errors. It installs in the boot sector of a floppy, and loads up upon boot. If your RAM is faulty, it'll find it.

--Cynan.

I have this same problem accept its when i dont have an operating on the computer, so are there any suggestions that you can give to me. I have tried looking for irq option in my bios and they are non-existant, this computer is a compaq, if that changes anything.

Thanks

Originally posted by SplanK:

Quote:
A newbie to Win2K...

I keep getting

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0xE13B4668, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80461A03)IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***Address 80461A03 baase at 80400000, datestamp 3ad7ad60 ntoskrnl.exe

Beginning dump of physical memory

I dont know whwta is trigering this STOP BSOD, but from the NTOSKRNL.EXE - I think it is not a driver related issue otherwise it would state the driver file which caused the STOP BSOD??

Please help - its really stressing me out!!

My computer details can be found on

http://www.btinternet.com/~daisy.walters