Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stalker72

Mandrake 9.2 thoroughly sucks

After Fighting with Sh*tdrake 9.2 for a solid month now, I have reached the conclusion that The entire Mandrake development team should most definately be taken out and be executed in a most violent manner. ;(

People, if you want a really reliable operating system, check out http://www.sco.com and get REAL Unix (not something built on stolen code such as Linux) or consider a fine product from Microsoft that actually WORKS! wink

If this post offends anyone, tough sh*t! everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and this is mine

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and I agree with you about Mdk 9.2.

Per chance however, did you try Mdk 9.0? or how about Red Hat 9? or Knoppix? Suse? Gentoo, Debian, Morphix, Slackware?

If Linux is as you say, "stolen code", (which it isn't and the courts will soon show that SCO has no case), why did you want to run it to begin with?

And now that you weren't successful at operating one version of one distro, you're in a position to recommend to the rest of us a "really reliable operating system" such as Unix or Windows?? ;(

I like Mandrake 9.2 ... Well, except for that first time you update, and lose your icons. LOL But it is easy enough to fix.

If you are new to Linux, you should start with a Retail version so you can get the manual, and tech support. wink

You know, Dapper Dan is right!

I also had problems before trying to install Red hat 8.0 on my new Sony computer, but guess what...everyone in this forum recomended trying other distros, and now I have Mandrake 9.2 and I love it! It's awesome. Didn't take me that long to get it working...only 13 minutes to install it and I as up in running.

As far as the stolen code, you should go and tell Mr. Gates about it 'cause he's the living example of what stolen code is all about.

Most people have been so used to M$ OSs, but once you start using Linux, you the see the light! You start thinking out of the box like they say...hang in there and try other distros.