Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pikapan

Starcraft

While playing Starcraft on BattleNet under Win2k, I often have problems joining games after I've played a few games. When I hit join game, the games available pop up, but everything shows up red and when I try to join, it says cannot connect or something like that. This only happens under Win2k. I've tried reconnecting to BNet and/or rebooting my computer, and sometimes I'm able to join games again, but usually, I just have to quit playing Starcraft and waste my time playing Counterstrike instead. I know it's a problem with Win2k since my other friends using Win2k also encounter the same problems. My connection is fine since my roommate running Win98SE is able to connect and here at school we're on a dual OC3 connection. Anybody know anyway to fix this or have any suggestions?

This is just the latest starcraft game patch. It mostly just changes things within the game. Doesn't seem to do anything to the netcode. I have this already and still encounter the same problems.

starcraft wasnt meant to be run in win2k...its doesnt support win2k...guess your out of luck bud..

Wrong! Starcraft works just fine on Win2k. Works fine in NT4. Works fine in XP. Probably even works in WinME (!). It'll work on anything.

No idea what your problem is pikapan, but don't give up, cos it will work smile

Oh yeah, and the new SC patch rocks. Has replay facility now. smile