Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mugen C

DSL Router.....Which to pick?

Hi There:

Our office will soon be switching to ADSL...just wondering which DSL Router should I get?

I have two options:

Linksys BEFSR41 V.2 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router

Nexland ISB2LAN-H4

The Nexland costs more $$$ than the Linksys but has 5yrs warranty.

Besides that, we will be using the CISCO 827 to connect to our ISP. Do you know if there will be any problems with the 2 DSL Router that I mentioned?

Thanks so much for your help! smile

regards,

Mugen C

i personally like the linksys,but thats just my opinion. as far as using them with the cisco i dont know never had the chance of using the 2 together.

I own the Linksys BEFSR41 V.2 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router and I am nothing but pleases with its performance, set up and ease of use.

The Linksys unit works really well on my home network.

I have a Netgear RT314.

Works great.

It's not as flashy as the Linksys, but it does the job perfectly well.

Thanks for all your replies guys...I know it's pretty good for home use, but just wondering if it is powerful enough to serve a 25 users business network?

On the other hand, as I mentioned in the original post, will that work well with the Cisco 827 router?

If not, any (DSL Router...can't throw away my Cisco laugh ) recommendations? Thanks Again for the reply! smile

regards,

Mugen C

The Linksys is a great product functionality-wise. I highly recommend it.

However, it's of rather cheap consumer construction. Personally, I would look into something designed for the commercial market for work use. (I once spent hours at work hunting down a defective $15 Linksys 10Mb hub that had brought the network to it's knees. Vowed at that point that the when money is at stake, buying the cheapest equipment possible is not a smart plan.)

That having been said, the thing will serve ~254 DHCP clients on a single subnet, so it would probably work fine for a small single-site office with no DMZ or VPN requirements, etc.