Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Wmp 8

I was wondering if anyone would like to rip WMP 8 out of XP and put it up for download. I have 7 installed but 7 well kinda sucks.

And this would lead you to believe that WMP8 would be better how?

-bZj

I have a version of WMP8 thats ripped out of XP and it really sucks. Most of the new stuff in WMP8 won't even work under 2K, so essentially its WMP 7.

Wmp 7 is the worst thing since Korean cars.

Anything other then it is a plus. I am using Windows media 8 and it is better, less buggy. Less errors.

And I want to install it in every OS I use just to spite Microsoft.

Screw XP.

I hated 7 with a passion but WMP 8 is actually a good product. When listening to albums i listen to winamp because of the wider variety of plugins. I also like the visulization plugins in 8 more than 7 and they take up less memory than Giess or GeForce do.

I love windows media player 6.4, the best thing out there in my opinion. I really think that it's all about codecs one installs. Because it seems that an individual is one codec away from playing back that one file he so wanted to get in the first place. laugh

Well, I thought WMP8 couldn't be any better than WMP7, but it is. The full screen bit is a bit more involved, adds all kinds of little trinkets. It also seems to run a bit better, but it gets confused with some DiVX codecs, but other than that, it is much better than 7.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, just get the latest version of Media Player from WindowsUpdate, why bother ripping it from XP?

Russell

Russell.

The latest version from the update site is windows media player 7.

Microsoft said they will not release Wmp 8 for any OS other then XP.