Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TomAL

Windows 2000 SP2

Evil Homer,

Have you visited the Maxtor weboite and used the wee utility that they have for changing the noise level of the drive? I believe when the drive ships it does so in quite mode which effects the movement of the heads across the platters. Thus running quieter. Here is the link.

http://www.maxtor.com/products/diamondmax/techsupport/technicalprocedures/21007.html

ht_addict

smile

Linux Zealots = sons of OS/2 Zealots smile

Boy, I remember the day when I worked part-time at Egghead Software (when they had REAL stores). On that night when Win 95 was released at Midnight, this fat slob in a torn & smelly T-shirt pushed his way into the store. He imediately went to the OS/2 pile and grabbed a box and held it into the air. He bagan to shout and preach like a hellfire and brimstone Baptist on a soapbox. The only people who noticed him, were the ones who he was in their way to get a box of W95 smile

I wonder if that guy is still preching about OS/2.

True, Windows is not 100% perfect, but is any other OS? Whatever works best for you should be what you use, if possible. I think many Linux lovers realize that they have a long way to go before they really are a threat to Windows like any other OS. Linux needs to get organized too, as there are a zillion distrobutions out. Im not saying thats a bad thing, but youve still got RedHat and Debian types of distros. While I dont like the current crop of the corporate evil (Bill Gates and Microsoft), they are organized with the OS's and with XP they are having one code for both the work and home OS's. Linux is not gonna go anywhere until things get sorted out. I dont care how great the latest kernel is, Linux is like a chicken with its head cut off.

Im not cracking on Linux, but I would like to point out some things that I think are issues that need to be addressed for the advancement of this OS.

To be honest though, . . . . . IF, and that is a VERY BIG IF shocked Unix/Linux were to get some sort of WIN emulator with DX in it to handle the games - I'd dump MS in an instant!!!!!!!!! And this is an UNBIASED opinion, for I don't have any Unix/Linux software, nor have I ever used it.

Like Liquo, I use another version of Windows 2000: The Dutch version.

Liquo, for the German version there is already a SP 2 now on the Microsoft site.

But for me I wonder if there ever will be a SP 2: I use the Dutch version of W2000 frown

Somebody out there who can help me out, or at least one who can tell me if there will be a Dutch sp 2?

Han.

Oh yes, every version of Win2k will eventually get SP2.

This always happens with MS Service Releases and the like.

It was the same for SP1.

The US/UK version is released first, usually closely followed by the German one.

The other languages usually appear over the next couple of weeks.

Thank you, Bladerunner, for the speedy response!

I just keep waiting patiently smile