Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elh2k

cd rom drives no longer work

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

ok file this in the "dumbass" dept, but i wanted to install NEROs drive imager to see what it does. when i did it told me to reboot. when i did i no longer had use of my dvd drive and my cd burner, both on the secondary IDE channel. the error code was 19 ( an error in the registry) . to try to fix this, i have already tried to uninstall then reinstall the channel and both devices..NOPE...then i tried the revovery wizard back to the time before i installed that program, FAILED..then i tried to reinstall windows xp on top of itself, FAILED. i dual boot into windows 2000 and it works in there so its not a hardware error. before i wipe win xp out and start from scratch, anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

EddieL

Uhh...XP is still in BETA FORM RIGHT NOW STUPID!!!

So there will be more problems with it than when it gets released.

So what if it is Beta. What does that have to do with anything. It is more stable than Win 2000 so I dont see the problem.

;(

ox·y·mo·ron (ks-môrn, -mr-)

n., pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons.

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

TRANSLATION:

It wasn't an isult.

Okay well in any case I just didnt really see it being an OXYMORON which I already realized the definition there of. It may appear so but I dont believe it to be. Anyway, I am tired and an idiot at this time of night...

Hey! that problem is just what I've got in 2K!! I didn't know what it was that caused it, but I DID install a new version of Nero recently... hmm. I'm yet to reinstall to fix the problem, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be greateful.

I've tried un/reinstalling the CD drives, the channesl as mentioned above, all to no avail. Grrr @ Nero if thats what it is.

--Cynan.

after installing winxp again from scratch i again ran into the same exact problem, but this time i was smarter. i used a registry tracking program to monitor to the registry as i installed programs. when i installed nero 5.5.1, thats when the cd roms stopped working. apparently, a scsi device is merged into the registry and corrupts irq 15 or the secondary ide. to fix it i just uninstalled nero then wiped out the scsi references in the registry then rebooted and the cd rom drives came back. nero sucks...but i cant get easy cd creator to install at all

i havent had any problems with nero 5.5 or EZ CD Creator. EZ CD 5 installed fine in beta 2 and 2465